• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Pilot RC 35% (106") Extra 260

SnowDog

I dunno Gary...I'm seeing a lot of feedback on here that your servo choice may not be strong enough...you might want to reconsider...I don't have any experience with birds this large...but the collective wisdom seems pretty clear...you don't want to risk this airframe.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I dunno Gary...I'm seeing a lot of feedback on here that your servo choice may not be strong enough...you might want to reconsider...I don't have any experience with birds this large...but the collective wisdom seems pretty clear...you don't want to risk this airframe.

While I appreciate everyone's advice, the only person who actually has flown this airplane (and the one who set it up for single servos per wing) recommended 450 oz/in on the wings, and I've exceeded that with the HS-7950TH servos, rated at 486 oz/in.

As far as I know, blowback has never crashed an airplane, and I'm not planning on inch high rollers with this plane, since I can't even do 1000ft high ones.

So unless someone else wants to buy me different servos, I'm going to go with what I've purchased at this point :p

Again, thanks to all for their inputs, and I appreciate everyone's concern! :)

Drew

70cc twin V2
Dont worry about it Gary, I'm sure it will be fine. I flew that plane for a season on regulated LiPo's to 6.5 volts and still had no issues with it. With the 8711 servos I was running at 6.5V in the wings, I was around 400 OZ torque per aileron and it was still awesome. Once I went to HV on them, I noticed a better roll rate at high speed, nothing else. So, that being said, if your servos are putting out close to 400 even know there rated to put out 480, you will be fine with it. You can always change them later or we can add a second servo fairly easy. Here are a few good photos I have of it to cheer you up !!!!

Attachments

• IMG_3048.jpg
    IMG_3048.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 209
  • avitar.JPG
    avitar.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 265
  • 100_252222222.jpg
    100_252222222.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 245
  • 100_252111111.jpg
    100_252111111.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 240
  • 100_251888888.jpg
    100_251888888.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_3058.jpg
    IMG_3058.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_7886.jpg
    IMG_7886.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 229

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
They apparently have not corrected the same 7950 issues I had. http://www.GiantScaleNews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79194&page=35

See post 524.
And they do about 350 oz-in, not 486.

gyro

GSN Contributor
They apparently have not corrected the same 7950 issues I had. http://www.GiantScaleNews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79194&page=35

See post 524.
And they do about 350 oz-in, not 486.

Ok, thanks for the heads up, I appreciate it.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Update:

I have everything needed to complete the airplane.

Motor: DLE111, with some cool polished mufflers (with smoke fittings) from TaildraggerRC.
Prop: Xoar 28x10 Carbon Fiber
Servos: 3 HS-7950TH (ailerons and rudder), 2 HS-7954SH (elevator) and 1 HS-5565MH for throttle.
Rx: Spektrum AR9100 power safe Rx
Batteries: 2 2s2200 Glacier 30c LiPo

So the only thing I bought new are the batteries and mufflers. Everything else has been acquired used... Otherwise I couldn't afford the airplane.
Hopefully all the components have some useful life left in them! The servos are nearly new (under 40 flights). The motor is a few seasons old, but had the piston, crank, and bearings replaced a while ago, so it's essentially a v3.

Dont worry about it Gary, I'm sure it will be fine. I flew that plane for a season on regulated LiPo's to 6.5 volts and still had no issues with it. With the 8711 servos I was running at 6.5V in the wings, I was around 400 OZ torque per aileron and it was still awesome. Once I went to HV on them, I noticed a better roll rate at high speed, nothing else. So, that being said, if your servos are putting out close to 400 even know there rated to put out 480, you will be fine with it. You can always change them later or we can add a second servo fairly easy. Here are a few good photos I have of it to cheer you up !!!!

Such a good looking plane :)

Drew

70cc twin V2
Update:

I have everything needed to complete the airplane.

Motor: DLE111, with some cool polished mufflers (with smoke fittings) from TaildraggerRC.
Prop: Xoar 28x10 Carbon Fiber
Servos: 3 HS-7950TH (ailerons and rudder), 2 HS-7954SH (elevator) and 1 HS-5565MH for throttle.
Rx: Spektrum AR9100 power safe Rx
Batteries: 2 2s2200 Glacier 30c LiPo

So the only thing I bought new are the batteries and mufflers. Everything else has been acquired used... Otherwise I couldn't afford the airplane.
Hopefully all the components have some useful life left in them! The servos are nearly new (under 40 flights). The motor is a few seasons old, but had the piston, crank, and bearings replaced a while ago, so it's essentially a v3.

SWEET !!! :banana: