• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Pitts S1-T, S1-S, and a Challenger.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Everything was ironed smooth then the second coat was applied. Next will be a 50/50 coat, 50 poly and 50 MEK. I like to call this the melt coat because it goes on real wet and really melts everything together.

Attachments

• P1080250.JPG
    P1080250.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 186

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
And then the poly spray, something of color, woo hoo. I will give it a second coat in a bit and that will do it for the night. Tomorrow will come the sanding and not having used pinking tape it is in need of a lot. I won't do another one without at least perimeter tape.

Attachments

• P1080251.JPG
    P1080251.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 208

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
This sucks, I am on the fourth coat of high fill primer. It is getting better but the lap is still visible, look's as though there is going to be some somewhat showing. But I can live with it as long as it look's good, neat and clean. With all this sanding and getting the glass part's prepped I doubt I will get any white on it today.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
The covering and paint system is Stits, there is not a primer per say. The silver is the poly spray, is sand able but is primarily for opacity. The actual primer I am using to fill these laps with is Duplicolor high fill primer.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Everything is just about done, about an hour in the morning and I should be ready to spray white.
The line's are not gone but the one's visible while sitting on it's gear are much cleaner.

Attachments

• P1080255.JPG
    P1080255.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Every once in a while this old dog learns a new trick. Some time back Stits told me I could use parchment paper to iron directly on the poly spray without causing harm. You know, those pesky little corner bubble's and the such. Well, I was ironing a couple of those down when I noticed the lap in the fabric had nearly disappeared. So onward with some tries and low and behold the heating apparently melds the outer lap into or flush with the poly spray. I have already done the tail surfaces, all of an hour it took. This method is a whole lot easier, as well as leaps and bounds a better finish.
Now, I am happy with the finish and will be much more comfortable going to color knowing it will look so much better.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Everything has a white hue, that's all that is needed to brighten the yellow. I will give it about two hours to cure well, then put the panels and cowl on, mark where the yellow goes, and late this evening I will spray the yellow.

Attachments

• P1080256.JPG
    P1080256.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 195