• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Plans built P-51

Red Raider

70cc twin V2
image.jpg
Here's a pic of the retract in the tail. The engineering on the mechanism is understandable but a little strange because one flange faces forward and the other to the rear. I had to come up with a unique way to install it since I used 1/4 inch plywood instead of 1/8th. I'll post some pics of that later.

Red Raider

70cc twin V2
I went flying the other evening and took Debbie with me. As it's not unusual for her to go with me, it is for her to go out to the pilot's station. I was flying my giant super sportster. It has a Syssa 30cc and at WOT it really gets with it. I was in the middle of an avalanche, snapped, inverted at the top of the loop when she decided it was the perfect opportunity to get even with me. Now, I'm a typical guy and I must admit to the occasionally take advantage of certain situations, but this over-the-top payback was uncalled for. I mean really, while you're flying??? This is serious business, not like cooking over a hot stove. She grabbed me from behind, reached around and started rubbing my my chest and tickling me all the time saying "now you know what it's like when I'm trying to do something and you start messing with me!" How do you like that? Have you ever tried to fly hopping around one one foot, with someone tickling you from behind? And she won't quit when I tell her to. What's up with that? OK, ok, I get it.

Red Raider

70cc twin V2
image.jpg image.jpg
I've installed the control rods into the fuselage. I'm using pull-pull on the rudder and tail wheel. That took 4 rods. Then I used 2, 48 inch, 4-40 rods for the dual elevator control. Getting those long rods to move smoothly and come out even 4 feet away in the servo bay took me all afternoon. But you Can see in one of the photos that my efforts paid off. They came out within a reasonable 1/16th.

Red Raider

70cc twin V2
Little more work on the tail. This has to be finished before I can move forward with the sheeting of the top of the fuselage.

image.jpg image.jpg