• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Plans built P-51

Red Raider

70cc twin V2
Ok, I haven't built the flaps and ailerons yet because as I cut out the outline I realized that there was more that I needed to do to the wings themselves. I need to cut the outer panels off first to make it easier to fit the control surfaces. So, there was lots to do.

image.jpg

Red Raider

70cc twin V2
image.jpg

Here's the right wing panel separated from the main center section. By installing the wing tube and anti-rotation pins before cutting it apart, I made sure that everything lined up the first time.

Red Raider

70cc twin V2
Big news! The top of the wing center action is sheeted and I have it sitting on the fuselage. Everything is lined up just right and I'm ready to put the dowels in the back and the mounting bolts in the front of the wing. I never measure and cut something this critical in the same work session. I get it set then walk away and wait for the next day. I spent 3 hours measuring and adjusting. Tomorrow with the assistance of my lovely and talented wife, I'll drill and tap the holes and set the dowels in place. Pictures will follow!

Red Raider

70cc twin V2
Yep! I can actually see it coming together pretty quickly now. I ordered some servo extensions from 3D Hobby Parts. They sell a 20g, twisted extension with gold plated connectors for about $4. Those go in the wings along with the servos, then more sheeting. A couple of days off from work and I could really make some headway. That's not happening. :(