• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Rebuilding the Compy MX2.

Yup. Won't be any switches in this fuselage. Except for the JR DMSS soft switch bind plug style. And maybe some balance plug extensions......

I set up a 33% GP 330L for a buddy last nite. Balance mode was super simple on it, since I kept the ATV's at 100%, max DR is 100%. Very little subtrim (like 4), and at most, 10 points in balance mode! The 8411's are solid in that airframe!! A little adjustment on the pushrods, hooked up the pull pull on the rudder in a CNC tray, and programmed all the rates. 5 hours!

So, the MX2 will go back on the bench once I get some house chores done.

Last edited:
Well, after my pelvis breakage from March, Im back up at my place, almost 8 weeks to the day. 3.5 days in the hospital, lots of good drugs and some great care from the staff, family and friends.

I actually worked on the MX2 yesterday. Mounted the axles and wheels. Forgot to order wheel collars, but looked thru all my parts in my tool box for flying, I found some 3/16" collars. I also got the cowl partly mounted. It will come back off when I mount the monster QS 150!!

Attachments

• 20150515_112919.jpg
    20150515_112919.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 199
Always have liked the looks of that bird. Glad your recovery is going well. May be just the lighting in the picture, but I don't think you will get enough airflow for that motor no matter how big an exit you have. ;)

reyn3545

100cc
There's plenty of airflow area. I had one with a DA170, and my current one has a 3W 157 CS Twin Spark... neither gets much over 200 degrees with good baffling and airflow. And either motor option yanks this little plane around like its a foamy!

And honestly, and I'm a DA fan-boy.. but the 3W 157 will out-perform the DA170 easily.

There's plenty of airflow area. I had one with a DA170, and my current one has a 3W 157 CS Twin Spark... neither gets much over 200 degrees with good baffling and airflow. And either motor option yanks this little plane around like its a foamy!

And honestly, and I'm a DA fan-boy.. but the 3W 157 will out-perform the DA170 easily.

I'll bring my little old wimpy QS 150 and come play for a weekend! Will see what has what! ;) I'd like to find someone with a DA170 in a Compy MX2. I flew one with a DA 150, and it was no where near mine, performance wise. The DA 150 was on the ground floor, while my QS 150 was in the Penthouse! :)