• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

-= SLiCKNeSS SiCKNeSS =-

wedoitall

so if I stick with the 14x7 for now do you think I would be alright using the built in bec on a ztw 65amp esc or should I use an external bec?

SnowDog

so if I stick with the 14x7 for now do you think I would be alright using the built in bec on a ztw 65amp esc or should I use an external bec?

Yes, the built-in bec should be fine; that is what I'm going to use as well.

also how far from the wing tube are your lipos. on the motrolfly 3615. I do have a CC ice 100 I could use.

My battery is located midway between the front and back ends of the (very long) battery tray.

Start in the middle and go from there...it is very forgiving on CG.

gyro

GSN Contributor
IIRC about 45-50 amps

A 60-65amp ESC is probably best, at least for me; I like a little head room.

Mike, it's been a while, but I had a 3615 on an Sebart Sebach, and it was definitely pulling more than 50a.
I'd say a 75a ESC would be a safer bet. At the 1000w mark, she'd be drawing 65a on 15.5v.

-G

njswede

150cc
Pontus, I reported numbers that I read from my wattmeter on my setup with that same motor and batteries. I'm not sure the parallel you are drawing is valid?
I'll be interested to hear what John actually reports.

I pulled right below 900W on my wattmeter when I spun up an identical motor a couple of days ago. Then again, wattmeters are known to not always be reliable, so who knows? The comparison with the 4315 may or may not be 100% relevant, but it's a bit of a hint on what a similar Kv motor would pull on a 15x7. YMMV!

SnowDog

I'll run some numbers on mine tonight when I get home.
John you can use the Ice 100 and then not have to worry about anything!

ryan_m

100cc

Yes, you should be fine. I'm using the Ice 75 lite's internal BEC (5 amp sortof rated, probably more like 4 amps on 4s though from what I've read), for 100's of flights on 4 HS-5085 servos. On my first one I ran the hacker esc, which was a 4 amp built in, ran about 500 flights on it with never a problem. Have two buddies with ztw 70's on theirs (4amp bec), none have had issues.

I'm running thunder power 2700 45c packs with my Motrolfly, and have the packs about 1" in front of the wing tube.

wedoitall

I actually have an Align 70amp I think im gonna try. hope'n to get to try it out this evening. either the align or the castle was hope'n to save the CC for another future project :D

gyro

GSN Contributor
I actually have an Align 70amp I think im gonna try. hope'n to get to try it out this evening. either the align or the castle was hope'n to save the CC for another future project :D

That align 70a is a nice ESC. Really smooth, linear throttle. You'll like it...

wedoitall

motrolfly 3615-750 with an Align 70amp esc

15x6 70.29amps @ 1081 watts.

14x7 60.35amps @ 892 watts.

earlier I said 15x8 I meant 15x6.

the 15x6 was sucking the juice out of my lipos too. but I tested with some brand new Nano-techs that came with my 48" mxs. so if I wanna fly the 15x6 ill have to use the CC 100 and some better lipos. My PL6 reads average of 2.6 IR on the Nano-techs also.

only glaciers I have atm are 4s2200. gonna try those in a few minutes to see what the results are. also have a Pulse 2250 to try but ill have to get some female ec3's first

Last edited by a moderator: