• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

-= SLiCKNeSS SiCKNeSS =-

gyro

GSN Contributor
one way to get a little more throw, would be to lengthen the rod a little (unscrew each ball link a few times) and move the servo horn one spline over towards the front of the plane (so that it centers slightly off away from the elevator). This should generate a little extra geometry to help you with more throw. I'm sure this is an "approved" technique, YMMV.

wedoitall

I thought about that, but the servo is already buzzing alil at 45 degrees. hate to chance burning it out or is alil buzzing OK?

wedoitall

na 85mgs but its buzzing about mid throw on. so theres something else going on. ball links are to tight so ill have to see whats going on

wedoitall

I also notice one more thing that concerns me. When i deflect the elevator i notice some flexing of the servo in the servo tray. I can try to wiggle it by hand and it feels like the aft part of the tray is pretty beefy. The front part theres not so much beef. Its on a thinner part of the fuse. Seems to me that flex could cause some binding. I ordered a slot cutting machine and some radiosouth hinges. Im gonna rehinge the elevator to start and then maybe beef up the tray a tad. What do you guys think? As i mentioned earlier i can get alil over 45 degrees on the elevator but theres defnitely some buzzing of the servo.

The more i look at the plane the more i like it. Pictures doesnt do it justice. It just looks big. I cant wait to fly it but i want to make sure itssetup right first

Ill really want 60+ degrees of elevator. 45-50 is usually my mid rate. I also take off and land on midrate.

njswede

150cc
I just checked mine (brand new with three flights on it), and I can wiggle the servo a little bit using just my a two-finger grip. It's actually the entire side of the fuse that moves. As you say, there isn't a lot of wood in front of the servo, so the side tends to have a bit of "give". However, if your servo wiggles while you move it, it probably means you have a binding somewhere and that force is transferred to the fuse. Mine doesn't do that, even though the fuse side has a bit of flex.

You're right about it feeling big! Wait til you fly it! In terms of size, it feels very similar to my 58" Edge and has none of the "small plane twitchiness". Actually, the 51" Slick probably tracks a little better than the 58" Edge. Hard to say, though, as they are both amazingly good airframes in my lowly and humble opinion!

hosam

70cc twin V2
I also notice one more thing that concerns me. When i deflect the elevator i notice some flexing of the servo in the servo tray. I can try to wiggle it by hand and it feels like the aft part of the tray is pretty beefy. The front part theres not so much beef. Its on a thinner part of the fuse. Seems to me that flex could cause some binding. I ordered a slot cutting machine and some radiosouth hinges. Im gonna rehinge the elevator to start and then maybe beef up the tray a tad. What do you guys think? As i mentioned earlier i can get alil over 45 degrees on the elevator but theres defnitely some buzzing of the servo.

The more i look at the plane the more i like it. Pictures doesnt do it justice. It just looks big. I cant wait to fly it but i want to make sure itssetup right first

Ill really want 60+ degrees of elevator. 45-50 is usually my mid rate. I also take off and land on midrate.

Have you flown it yet? I don't think I had more then 45° of deflection on mine, slicks tail has some serious control throws...