• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

-= SLiCKNeSS SiCKNeSS =-

Well first flight here at the field was with the 51 slick. I dumb thumbed it right in. :eek: I havent done that in a long time. This one going to cost me some money. I ripped the wing off, broke the landing gear, and ripped 1/2 of the left side elevator off. This hasn't been a good week for me. Well let's just hope I can fly the 71 without any mishaps. I can afford to bust up anything else

Day is only getting worse. Both my ailerion servos are dead in the 71. Then I just found that I killed the ailerion and elevator servo in the 51. Wow this just keeps adding up. I am borrowing 2 5985 servos so I can fly my 71 today.

Hate to have to tell the wife when she gets home. Uhg.......

Lonelasso

70cc twin V2
late to the game but here is my favorite Slick so far, picture was taken by Papa Smith... BTW, I can fit in a Toyota Highlander and a Honda CRV (tail removed of course).

View attachment 804

Have proudly owned 4x 51, 3x 70, 89... want a 42 and maybe another 51 as I miss it...

Niiicccccccceee ! I can sEE the LoVe in your eyes....for your SLiCK, that is ;) :p

Lonelasso

70cc twin V2
Well first flight here at the field was with the 51 slick. I dumb thumbed it right in. :eek: I havent done that in a long time. This one going to cost me some money. I ripped the wing off, broke the landing gear, and ripped 1/2 of the left side elevator off. This hasn't been a good week for me. Well let's just hope I can fly the 71 without any mishaps. I can afford to bust up anything else

Daaaannng ! :( WeLL, lOOk @ iT this way MaTT, we aLL go through these 'phases' and you'LL be starting out a NEW, gOOder phase. And, I'm in the same boat bout affording to not crash :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

SnowDog

Day is only getting worse. Both my ailerion servos are dead in the 71. Then I just found that I killed the ailerion and elevator servo in the 51. Wow this just keeps adding up. I am borrowing 2 5985 servos so I can fly my 71 today.

Hate to have to tell the wife when she gets home. Uhg.......

Dang that is a rough start to any day...sorry to hear that.
Which version of the 51 Slick do you have? I have a spare set of wings for the original 51" Slick...let me know if you can use them.

Turnerm

50cc
Dang Losi. When it rains it pours man. Sorry to hear about the kind of day you're having. It seems like stuff like this comes in waves doesn't it?

Got 10 great fligjts on the 71 with the borrowed servos. So the day has gotten better. Though when the wife finds out how much it going to cost to fix everything it might go south again

SteveT.

100cc
Got 10 great fligjts on the 71 with the borrowed servos. So the day has gotten better. Though when the wife finds out how much it going to cost to fix everything it might go south again

At least you had somebody you could buy servos from....most guys around here wouldn't know a good servo if it crawled out their butt....

SteveT