• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

-= SLiCKNeSS SiCKNeSS =-

daskip87

New to GSN!
Took advantage of the Labor Day free shipping sale and my new 59" Slick shipped out today. Can't wait to get it in and get it flying.:)

I have to admit I kept putting off buying a Slick and now I finally acquired a basically brand new 70" all ready to fly. I have about 12 flights now on it and wow, I love it. I think it may be my favorite. Plus I like the old scheme better!

Attachments

• photo (48).JPG
    photo (48).JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 256
At the moment I have 3 flightworthy slicks, an 89 on DA60 w/RE2, a 71 with a Mintor 38, and a Crimson Bovine 51 I got from the last garage sale on a Motrolfly. I have sold one (the 59 is not the same, it is a extra in slick's clothing) and managed to kill 2 electric 71s. I drew the line at the 104 because I just could not stomach yet another plane in the scheme. I need to get better at covering and do one up custom. I'm jealous of the KM as he got the Roo version done for him at the factory.

I'm off the fly the 89 today on a 3 blade prop. Noise issues at my field.

I just crashed my 71 slick this morning. Had one of my batteries die at the worst possible moment. Plane is fixable but the motor I just got back from Motrolfly doesn't sound good. Will be going over everything when I get home. Tell you this having that happen will really mess up a good day

gyro

GSN Contributor
I just crashed my 71 slick this morning. Had one of my batteries die at the worst possible moment. Plane is fixable but the motor I just got back from Motrolfly doesn't sound good. Will be going over everything when I get home. Tell you this having that happen will really mess up a good day

Sorry Matt!

Lonelasso

70cc twin V2
I have to admit I kept putting off buying a Slick and now I finally acquired a basically brand new 70" all ready to fly. I have about 12 flights now on it and wow, I love it. I think it may be my favorite. Plus I like the old scheme better!

HaPpY you came to your senses ! It just kEEps geTTin gOOder 'N GooDER !! :D :D

Lonelasso

70cc twin V2

GoT DangiT ! :( KEEp us posted on repair requirements !

Eagle34

50cc

Sorry to hear that Matt. Yea definately not the way to start the day.

SnowDog

Sorry to hear that Matt, especially since you just got the motor back in good working order! :(