• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Tail Wheel Steering, Springs vs Fuel Tubing or other setups

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Played around with an idea that I seems very strong with parts on hand. I took some extra sets of rudder pull pull swivels and rounded off the sharp edges where the cables go through. This presses in tightly into silicone fuel tube and I pressed in just until it went down to the threaded rod. I am not a big fan of the cable ties but they will work fine so I used some stainless steel wire ties that are sold for fuel tubing. I am thinking of adding this to my 91" EF Extra.

FullSizeRender.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Played around with an idea that I seems very strong with parts on hand. I took some extra sets of rudder pull pull swivels and rounded off the sharp edges where the cables go through. This presses in tightly into silicone fuel tube and I pressed in just until it went down to the threaded rod. I am not a big fan of the cable ties but they will work fine so I used some stainless steel wire ties that are sold for fuel tubing. I am thinking of adding this to my 91" EF Extra.

View attachment 24545
Hey, I really like that. Sweet idea.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
What does the tiller/rudder end look like, what did you use there?
Not bad !
I am in the process of making that. I am drawing it in cad so I get the rotation points to not change length or slack on the turn limits. It is going to be aluminum but a little like a "Y" shape so the "Y" end can be right on the hinge line then I am going to use the same ball swivel links there as well. I am going to be heading away for the holiday so might not get it finished till after Memorial Day

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
I used the compression spring setup on the Hempel and it works awesome. I will post pictures when I can get home to take pictures. Cable, ball links, springs and cotter pins.

camss69

70cc twin V2
I usually use the fuel tubing also... I am using the stock setup on my current plane though and it works pretty good too. (Tiller arm setup)

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I usually use the fuel tubing also... I am using the stock setup on my current plane though and it works pretty good too. (Tiller arm setup)
I believe it was Robert @Robotech that suggested the fuel tubing on my tail wheel for steering. I replaced all of them and especially the worst one of them all that I just couldn't get to maintain accuracy and dependability. My 260. Now all of them work awesome.