• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Team 3DRCF Joe "Hone" Villavicencio

hone

150cc
ALL-RIGHT! sucks being down. do you know an eta on the new hitec radio?

I wish i knew for sure but someone spoke with a Hitec rep and they said we should see the 9x in stores by end of June beginning of July. I'll be getting one :thumbup:

hone

150cc
The same telemetry as the current A9 has. You won't be able to use telemetry with the new Maxima receivers that are going to come out for the 9x but you can still use the Optima receivers and all the telemetry. I only use the built in voltage telemetry which is awesome. I really like it for my 78'' Extra because i can put a voltage alarm for when my receiver packs go below whatever voltage you select. It also tells you the minimum voltage during the flight. Makes it easy to tell when it's time to change packs.

wedoitall

yea i love the voltage sensors on my dx8 and i also use the temp sensor. now i almost feel like im flying blind without it.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I spoke with the site's Hitec rep yesterday. They're very excited about the A9X, and it's improvements... especially the speed and latency fixes.
We'll have some more in-depth info and pictures of the A9X at the Weak Signals show in Toledo next month.

hone

150cc
Got a new plane :D

A 48'' Yak EXP!

IMAG0438.jpgIMAG0441.jpgIMAG0444.jpg

hone

150cc
Cool yak mate how's the waterfalls with all that throw on the elevator?

Thanks. The waterfalls are pretty tight but i don't have full throw right now. I'm using the stock arm on a HS65. I'm going to upgrade servos to a 85MG to get 80* of throw. It's no MXS when it comes to pitch authority but it's got plenty. The precision is pretty sweet though!