• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

** The 3DRCForums 38! **

gyro

GSN Contributor
still waiting on a few more confirmed contestants to register. Also, the policy on flight stabilization gyros has been added to the rules:

• No aircraft stabilization gyros may be used. Specifically, controls surfaces should only move when that movement is deliberately initiated by the pilot using the transmitter.

jmart95

70cc twin V2
I probably cannot attend, but I did want to mention to anybody on the fence about doing this, go for it! At the Knoxville huckfest I competed in the night time huckfest competition and it was an absolute blast! Guys were flying everything from crack yaks to 104 slicks, and were of all skill levels, and it made for the highlight of my huckfest experience. Good luck to all those that have and will enter!

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
still waiting on a few more confirmed contestants to register. Also, the policy on flight stabilization gyros has been added to the rules:

• No aircraft stabilization gyros may be used. Specifically, controls surfaces should only move when that movement is deliberately initiated by the pilot using the transmitter.

Good call for any competition. Gyros are great aids for intro to 3D and even practice (like using the "physics" adjustment on simulators) for new maneuvers. However I don't feel there is any place for them in any competition involving skills.

jmart95

70cc twin V2
Good call for any competition. Gyros are great aids for intro to 3D and even practice (like using the "physics" adjustment on simulators) for new maneuvers. However I don't feel there is any place for them in any competition involving skills.

Agreed. Defeats the purpose of a competition, and is unfair to those who have dedicated their time to understand and correctly complete a maneuver.

joshgluck

100cc
I completely disagree.. I think GYRO is a good guy and should be allowed to be in the contest.. Oh wait, different GYRO :p

Gotcha

dskuro95

100cc
Thanks for the laugh. I needed that today. Last night Zach was helping me take out the garbage. I have a quarter mile long driveway so I drive it up in the car. Afterwards we decided we wanted ice cream.(10:50PM)
I forgot it was a sunday night so the ice cream place 3 minutes from me was closed along with the grocery store. SO we took a 10 minute drive to McDonalds for ice cream. My license is still a probationary license so I have to stop driving by 11:01pm. You do the math. Luckily I did not get pulled over but I did get stopped by my parents lol. I never told my mom that we were leaving. She got nervous and when I answered the phone I got to hear it out for talking while driving(hands free of course). So needless to say, I can't drive anywhere but work and college for a week(no big deal).

But on my way to college today my check engine light came on. I figured it was just the vacuum leak code I cleared so no big deal. But then I turned off the exit and my power steering went out. I luckily found a nice open spot to pull over and give a call to my dad. First thing he asked was if I was driving(lol).

Turns out the idler pully bearing broke(loosened up so my dad tightened it once(must have too much) and overheated the car. Advanced Auto is out of stock till Wednesday.

The week is just starting and already having horrible luck. Oh well. Thanks for the laugh Josh

I completely disagree.. I think GYRO is a good guy and should be allowed to be in the contest.. Oh wait, different GYRO :p

Gotcha

gyro

GSN Contributor
Ok, we're all set. All the confirmed competitors at this point have completed registration. We have 1 slot left open for Friday, and 5 slots open on Thursday if anyone else would like to per-register.

We will still be accepting "walk-up" registration at the field for any open slots.