• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

Bipenut53

150cc
Well today is the best day we have had in a week as far as smoke goes. At least I can see the outline of the top of the coulee wall across from us. Getting really tired of breathing smoke. They are telling everyone to stay indoors if possible and if not possible then to wear a dust mask......

DSCN2919.JPG

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Got to put the 35% Yak under the knife today. Had a little incident this past weekend and now have a damaged elevator counterbalance, crumpled aileron tip, and cracked rudder. Cowl got a little runway rash and broke the ring, but our runway is a geotextile material so some buffing compound had it looking shiny new. Going to start with the elevator tonight since it looks like it'll be the easiest to work with.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Kinda reminds me of when St Helens went up. Remember that one... Only it looked like it was snowing when the ash started coming down.

Well today is the best day we have had in a week as far as smoke goes. At least I can see the outline of the top of the coulee wall across from us. Getting really tired of breathing smoke. They are telling everyone to stay indoors if possible and if not possible then to wear a dust mask......

View attachment 36128

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
You already gave your new airplane an owie? Before/after pics please! :thumbup:

Yeah but it wasn't through fault of my own, it was out of human control. I started on the elevator last night, she's back to about 90%, need to pick up some more glues and materials today to finish it up. Will start on the aileron today as well.

20150825_200439.jpg

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
My pleasure [MENTION=3348]Bipenut[/MENTION]. I wrote Tim about the wing misalignment and it looks like I might be the only one with this issue. I am going to take a photo and send it to him tonight. The plane goes together super fast. I wish we lived closer, I would have no problem letting you fly mine.

Bipenut53

150cc
LOL I would be interested in what Tim has to say.... I would love to fly it but I will be flying mine soon!! Started stripping the parts out of the other profile to get ready for this one!!

Bipenut53

150cc
By the way [MENTION=3978]wfahey415[/MENTION], I found a picture of the new red color scheme, I like it better than the earlier version.... Love the checker board in the center!

edge2.jpg