• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

3Dchief

70cc twin V2
What would appear to be common knowledge apparently isn't. We get fairly variable winds and are landing in a crosswind often as not, but I've watched guys check the wind sock, then proceed to land downwind. If it's someone new, I'll try to help them out. But there is a definite group of FOGs that won't take any advice, only give it. For them, I just settle back and enjoy the show!

thurmma

150cc
@Xpress where is your flying site at? That looks a lot like the Alpine area that was east of Santee. I lived in Santee for about 5 years and always ended up driving to a small field on base to fly. I was flying slimers at the time, fast slimers :)

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
@Xpress where is your flying site at? That looks a lot like the Alpine area that was east of Santee. I lived in Santee for about 5 years and always ended up driving to a small field on base to fly. I was flying slimers at the time, fast slimers :)

It's down south in Rancho San Diego, right off Highway 94.

flycanic

70cc twin V2
What would appear to be common knowledge apparently isn't. We get fairly variable winds and are landing in a crosswind often as not, but I've watched guys check the wind sock, then proceed to land downwind. If it's someone new, I'll try to help them out. But there is a definite group of FOGs that won't take any advice, only give it. For them, I just settle back and enjoy the show!
WOW there are some in every club, The guy that Yakman is referring to was telling one of our members to forget about flaring, and learning slow flight, just aim for the runway and land HAHA, you just can't help some people that seem to know more than every one else.

Bluepilot2003

70cc twin V2
At our club, most announce which way they are taking off and landing... I am usually polite and ask the question... "Didn't you mean left to right?" or vice versa if they state the wrong way according to the wind. . I would hate for someone to lose a plane by not simply mentioning something is messed up... If they ignore my question, then whatever.

3D-Joy

50cc
I'm going to fly my Beaver. I hate it, the engine in it is really crappy, I use my worst radio in it.
But after the coldest fonth of februrary in 115 years up here, the Beaver will be perfect !!