• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm NOT going out flying thread.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Um ya... rain this entire last week, and tonight periods of heavy rain (confirmed), and next non rainy day forecasted next Wednesday. Starting to run out of rainy day projects!!! I want to fly my slick and test out this new carb, fuel tank, and ignition cap!! rain rain go away!

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Did not make it to the field today, boy it is getting dark early in the afternoon and boy is the temperature going down in a hurry. The flying season is coming to an end up here in the northern part of the country.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Did not make it to the field today, boy it is getting dark early in the afternoon and boy is the temperature going down in a hurry. The flying season is coming to an end up here in the northern part of the country.

Where I'm at a new record high was set yesterday... 93F and you cold pour out your shirt from the humidity. Today the humidity was down but still a high of 87F today. Our flying season is just starting. I always look forward to Autumn down here.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Where I'm at a new record high was set yesterday... 93F and you cold pour out your shirt from the humidity. Today the humidity was down but still a high of 87F today. Our flying season is just starting. I always look forward to Autumn down here.
No flying for me.... Got to do that dang four letter word thing 70 hours a week. You just fly some for me k?
wink-and-smile-smiley-emoticon.gif

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
October is usually my favorite weather time of the year here. The first two weeks have sucked bad. it's either 50's and raining or hot and humid. Saturday it's supposed to be windy and 90 and Sunday calls for wind rain and 60's. The forecast for early next week looks great. I think I can see a day off in my future.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
So "Gowen Thunder" is happening this weekend. Well, since Thursday that is. The Canadian Snow birds are here to also preform along with the USAF Thunderbirds. Brad Wursten is here along with our very own Mark Peterson and his "HELL-ER BUST. (P-51 Mustang) Along with many other performers. We have nearly 1.2 million people in the Boise valley. And from the sounds of it, the majority of them are on Gowen field for the air show. I wanted to go, but after a very long work week, I am just not able to convince myself to fight the crowd. Our flying field is closed due to it being within the 10 mile radius of the event. Soooo.....this boy is going to stay home and work on his own "air-ships" so's I can make my own air shows when the field is open again.
http://gowenthunder.org/performers/

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well no change in the weather still windy wet and the temperature is 2 degrees above freezing. Not good flying weather hopefully we get some warm weather for a week or more to get the last bit of flying in. Not ready for skis yet.
Not ready for cold weather at all need at least another month of good weather.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Well no change in the weather still windy wet and the temperature is 2 degrees above freezing. Not good flying weather hopefully we get some warm weather for a week or more to get the last bit of flying in. Not ready for skis yet.
Not ready for cold weather at all need at least another month of good weather.
One simple comment. ICK!!!!!