• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm NOT going out flying thread.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I've never flown on Christmas day, but I've flown on Thanksgiving many times. We're having a Frozen Finger Flyin at our field New Year's Day. The high is supposed to be 19. I think I'll have to miss it.;)
Yup, reserved the day for family. But believe me brother, any other day besides Christmas is open season on flying. Lol. I'm thinking I may join the local field fools and attempt a little gathering of flying on New Years. Even if I take only my 'Lectri-fied foamy, I am bring the New Year in right.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Have to agree that under those conditions electric planes are the best easy start and no cold fuel on your hands. And best of all zero clean up. The only thing is at 4 degrees and a foot of snow is just to much for me.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Defiantly not going out the field, just got another 6 inches and it is right now zero degrees let’s just say it is dam cold right now, and when you walk on the snow it squeaks when it does that you now it is cold and about 10mph wind. You will have frost bite on bare skin within 10 minuets. Just stay inside and look out.
The weather has been a lot colder this year we normally only get this kind of weather in the middle of January, man it cannot much colder than it already is.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Defiantly not going out the field, just got another 6 inches and it is right now zero degrees let’s just say it is dam cold right now, and when you walk on the snow it squeaks when it does that you now it is cold and about 10mph wind. You will have frost bite on bare skin within 10 minuets. Just stay inside and look out.
The weather has been a lot colder this year we normally only get this kind of weather in the middle of January, man it cannot much colder than it already is.
Just think of it this way. Think how wonderful it will be when the warming Spring sun starts shinning down upon your face. I am so counting the days. I am not going to complain. Last year at this same time, we had like 4 feet of snow on the ground and it was snowing e..v..e..r..y...... single day. UGH!! So far, our accumulation has been a total of like 7" and has only snowed a minute on two separate days. Holding my breath that our upcoming Spring is much stronger this year than old man winter is. Boy, I gotta hurry. I got planes to build. LOL

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
:spongebob:
Just think of it this way. Think how wonderful it will be when the warming Spring sun starts shinning down upon your face. I am so counting the days. I am not going to complain. Last year at this same time, we had like 4 feet of snow on the ground and it was snowing e..v..e..r..y...... single day. UGH!! So far, our accumulation has been a total of like 7" and has only snowed a minute on two separate days. Holding my breath that our upcoming Spring is much stronger this year than old man winter is. Boy, I gotta hurry. I got planes to build. LOL
Yes you do, you have a plane to cover with checkers on the bottom.

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
Around here they are talking about 28 degrees for the high and 8 mph winds. Not at all my joyable flying weather. Some would consider that warm, but my fingers don't like to work the way they used to when it was cold.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
And here I am freezing my rear off at 55° with a high of 62°. Old bone's, maybe not so much old as beaten and battered, and cold weather just do not go well together.