• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The last straw from FG forums!

Flyin4fun

70cc twin V2
Taildraggerrc;3629 wrote: I am very happy to see the attendance here already. I think it's way more than sleepy expected and we are on to some good things here..

This is the fastest growing forum I have saw for the time it has been up!

Sleepy is toooo humble to realize what he has done for this hobby, at first he was the face of FG, but over the years he has become the face of our our hobby. I am sure that Bourke thought FG was too big to fail without Sleepy, that was a huge mistake on his part. Sleepy has made countless relationships with members of the RC community AND also with the many vendors he came in contact with over the years.

Those relationships will make this site grow in leaps and bounds not only with an increasing membership but with vendors supporting it as well.

Taildraggerrc;3629 wrote: I am very happy to see the attendance here already. I think it's way more than sleepy expected and we are on to some good things here..

This is the fastest growing forum I have saw for the time it has been up!

No kidding! near 500 members in a week?! Thats some crazy numbers really!

This place is rockin, and its just in its birth state! Never give up SleepyC!

If I had a glass, Id hold it up to you and the rest that made this happen! In fact, I think FG needs a toast given to as well! :D

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
JRgraham;2354 wrote: Hey guys, glad to be invited to the next generation RC forums! Thanks Tim!

The final blow for me from the FG forums was just the other day.. SupaTim sent out PM's to some folks and myself to mention this new site, and our Private Messages were MODERATED!!!! I mean, that is some BULL shiznet! They actually removed the URL he posted to this site! It was just a simple mentioning of this site, and to come join the community more or less! Wow, I think that shows they feel threatened, huh?

SleepyC, you have our full support brotha! I hope you and your family are well, and whatever journey or road you take from here is a successful one! Anything we can do to support that, count me in!

I would be most likely known from FG as Shimano.. not sure where that name came from really, but when I wanted it changed, they ignored my request. Hell, even RCU forum honored my request to change my forum name without any problem!

So anyways, thanks again Tim for the invite! I will be sure to spread the word~! I am sure we can make this place much more welcoming than how the 'other' place ended up!

So here's to a great new community, the Giant Scale News family! *hic*

Whether they actually moderated your private messages or had a language filter enabled, it is still quite rank if ya ask me. Sounds a little paranoid to me.....

Guys, I really didnt mean this to be a FG bash thread.. I tend to speak my mind at times before thinking about how it would come across to others. I will try to keep myself in check better here, but at the same time its sad that these days it seems speaking your mind is just forbidden.. As if only puppies and rainbow talk is allowed anymore. We all have our own idea as to whats right or wrong, good or bad, acceptable or not etc.. thats what makes life worth living though in my opinion.. having a unique point of view and our own ideas.

I just seriously feel that Private Messages are just that.. Private If we just ignore that, it will just become a stepping stone to the next type of limitations that will be imposed. Its bad enough that posting links to other forums are filtered. I do understand why, but really, does it make it any more acceptable?

In my opinion, there should only be filters in place for the more extreme slang or curse words, racial or sexual type insults or whatever, etc.. If a forum is so worried about loosing people to another forum, then maybe that forum should look within itself for reasons why, rather than trying to keep people from discovering another forum. I mean, people will stay with a forum if they like/love it enough. It is their choice. The forum should not feel threatened by other forums, and if they do, maybe the answer is more along the lines of what content they offer themselves, what they have or do not have compared to the other one(s). Blocking/filtering links and restricting people's speech, and trying to keep their members from knowing of the others is nearly enough in itself to make me not want to contribute or participate there.

I dont always have the best way to put things, but I think I have explained close enough what I mean. If you have to blind your users to keep them there, then just maybe its not the users that are the problem.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
JR.., Something you said struck me odd. "Blocking/filtering links and restricting people's speech, and trying to keep their members from knowing of the others is nearly enough in itself to make me not want to contribute or participate there." This is the way dictatorship begins. And as you said, "its sad that these days it seems speaking your mind is just forbidden.. ". What's next? Being told what we can and can not purchase for our own lives? I applaud you for speaking out and not holding it back. I too often speak my mind too hastily and it sometimes gets me into trouble. My hat is off to you for standing up for what you believe in!!!!

stangflyer;3910 wrote: JR.., Something you said struck me odd. "Blocking/filtering links and restricting people's speech, and trying to keep their members from knowing of the others is nearly enough in itself to make me not want to contribute or participate there." This is the way dictatorship begins. And as you said, "its sad that these days it seems speaking your mind is just forbidden.. ". What's next? Being told what we can and can not purchase for our own lives? I applaud you for speaking out and not holding it back. I too often speak my mind too hastily and it sometimes gets me into trouble. My hat is off to you for standing up for what you believe in!!!!

Keep in mind that FG is a business and they have the right to control what is on their site. Just like we have the right to avoid their site because we disagree with how they choose to run it.

bigblueswope;3917 wrote: Keep in mind that FG is a business and they have the right to control what is on their site. Just like we have the right to avoid their site because we disagree with how they choose to run it.

By all means, they have that right. But it still does not make their methods right, in my opinion. Its not just them, many forums do this, so not to just single them out. It is becoming a trend somehow.

And again, I do understand why they do this, I understand its a business and all of that. I get the whole pooping in the back yard bit.. but still, does not make it any more right in my view. It will only limit the members, and push many of them away.