• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

BalsaDust

So the past few mornings when getting home from work I have started working on my next scratch build. Yes it's another profile and I will be building two. One for me and one for a buddy. To start with I use spray adhesive to stick all the cut part templates to a piece of poster board from the dollar tree and then cut out the templates. This makes it easy to cut parts again in the event of a crash or what have you and be in need of new parts. I always start with the wing ribs and here they are. Enough ribs cut to build two sets of wings.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 212
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 212
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 242

mndless

Don't know a thing..
Just playing with an idea here... I want a stand in the trailer that will keep the wheels of my planes up off the trailer floor. Gets hot here in the summer and don't want the wheels loaded and bearing on the trailer floor for extended periods.... so, playing with a stand of sorts that will lift and support the plane an inch or so up.... again, very preliminary... but, 1st cut with the laser...

Down position

ks1.jpg

Up and locked position

ks2.jpg

flycanic

70cc twin V2
IMG_3818.JPG IMG_3820.JPG IMG_3821.JPG IMG_3824.JPG IMG_3825.JPG IMG_3826.JPG I have been busy. I converted an old Dominator 200 (Lanier) from glow, (Norvel .074) to Electric for a friend, and For another guy, I converted an Ugly stick from glow to gas. I removed the top front of the fuse and added a hatch for convenience, it is now Sporting an Evo 15 first edition. Now I am working on a Hangar 9 Christen Eagle II 90,which will be powered with a 20cc gas engine. In my spare time I work on my stuff

flycanic

70cc twin V2
To keep the wheels off the floor in my trailer I just use a few sets of these Sulivan wheel chokes bolted in place where I need them. I also set a few planes on them in the house IMG_3827.JPG IMG_3828.JPG IMG_3829.JPG IMG_3830.JPG

BalsaDust

image.jpg

My scroll saw and I have been pretty intimate tonight. Two complete short kits for a pair of slabs I will be building. Glue starts flying tomorrow night.

sweetpea

100cc
Got my quote for electric in my shop.............$2900 (40 hrs of labor). Now I'm handy enough to do electric wiring myself to a point. I've never hooked wires up inside of a CB box but I have wired lights / switches etc from the box. I have a permit already for electric for the building and I don't have a license for it so I'm trying to work with the electrician on a much better price before I go to another one. I hope to run everything myself and he justs connects things or looks over my work, but I doubt it.

When you build a shop..........everything costs $1000-$2000 (even if you do it yourself). Electric, insulation, finishing of floors, walls, ceiling, etc etc etc. It just keeps adding up.