• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Working on something a little different tonight.

Picked up a Baritone ukulele kit from stewmac.com. Building it for my daughter.

https://www.stewmac.com/Materials_a...t_Kits/Ukulele_Kits/StewMac_Ukulele_Kits.html

7E09670E-CAEF-4A53-85AF-72A5F4BD64A0.jpeg
C437D99E-FC21-46E9-907A-BC52CE2043BF.jpeg
3EB589E1-4394-4192-B90A-881FB1DF7AEE.jpeg

BalsaDust

Hey Chris,

If you and your better half like turkey, you have got to smoke one in that thing. You wanna talk about good food, it don't get much better than that . . . . . :big_yes:

I plan on doing turkey legs this summer in it once I get these annoying braces off my teeth. We love getting them every year at the state fair so will be nice to enjoy them other times.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
They are the shizzle of the sizzle :happy:. I don't own one personally but my close friend has two. The Large oval smoker and the smaller round grille. We use Royal Oak "lump" wood charcoal and apple wood chips. Both can get juned up over 600 degrees to sear sizzle that 1.5" thick rib eye or porter house. And the smoker can hold 200 for hours whilst that ham/turkey/pork butt turns into mouth watering goodness. I have been eating from his for 10 years now and it is seasoned up really nice. No need for me to get one! I CHEAP! lol
Thanks for that looks like the food from an egg is good. I am finding lately that the steaks that are coming off a gas BBQ are not tasting as good as they use to.

BalsaDust

Thanks for that looks like the food from an egg is good. I am finding lately that the steaks that are coming off a gas BBQ are not tasting as good as they use to.

I haven’t grilled a steak in over two years now. I pan fry them. Take out of fridge 30 minutes to an hour before cooking and dust both sides with garlic salt and McCormicks Montreal steak seasoning. Get the pan really good at hot with some olive oil in it just to keep the steak from sticking. Cool to your desired doneness ( I prefer somewhere between a medium to a medium well). Right before removing it from the pan drop a dollop of butter in the middle of it and then flip it to start melting it in the pan. After 30 seconds flip it again to get the other side going in that melting butter. Remove from the pan and let them rest for about 5 minutes before cutting into them.
Normally served with a nice baked potato, asparagus, and a nice roll.

My wife loves them this way and says it’s better than 95% of the steaks we would get at a nice restaurant.

Only draw back is it makes a mess of the stove that will need immediate cleaning before using again.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I haven’t grilled a steak in over two years now. I pan fry them. Take out of fridge 30 minutes to an hour before cooking and dust both sides with garlic salt and McCormicks Montreal steak seasoning. Get the pan really good at hot with some olive oil in it just to keep the steak from sticking. Cool to your desired doneness ( I prefer somewhere between a medium to a medium well). Right before removing it from the pan drop a dollop of butter in the middle of it and then flip it to start melting it in the pan. After 30 seconds flip it again to get the other side going in that melting butter. Remove from the pan and let them rest for about 5 minutes before cutting into them.

My wife loves them this way and says it’s better than 95% of the steaks we would get at a nice restaurant.

Only draw back is it makes a mess of the stove that will need immediate cleaning before using again.
Thanks for taking the time to explain your method, I will give that a try.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp

Ditto! Grilling dries them out, all that juicy goodness drips out.