• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Viper-ST 100-120cc scratch build......it continues!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
LOL Tyler, if you ask her she would answer "all of it".     We both have weeks where one of us is slower than the other, this week she is doing most of the work
icon_wink.gif
but next week is likely different
icon_sad.gif

BTW, Tyler set me up with some badass paint this weekend to match Ultracote green.....next Viper is green, black and silver!!!!!
fist-pump-and-yes-smiley-emoticon.gif

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Terryscustom said

LOL Tyler, if you ask her she would answer "all of it".     We both have weeks where one of us is slower than the other, this week she is doing most of the work
icon_wink.gif
icon_sad.gif

BTW, Tyler set me up with some badass paint this weekend to match Ultracote green.....next Viper is green, black and silver!!!!!

Awesome. Love the green.

thelaw

70cc twin V2
tylerzx9r said
I agree, He is a machine! One question, how much work is the Law doing to keep you guys moving forward on everyday work? Because I don't have that kind of energy when I get home from the shop! Looking really good Custom Crew!
Depends on what time I get there!  Monday & Tuesday are my busy days, rest of week usually isn't too bad.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Terryscustom said
icon_wink.gif
icon_sad.gif

I have a Pilot Edge that's green, black and silver. I get people telling me how much they love the colors every time I have it at the field. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Long live green!
20130611_121611.jpg

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Well, little more time in again today. I knocked down the few dust particles and junk with 320 then buffed out those spots and the stuff that I could feel but could not see with 600. I got three coats of parting wax on the plug and a couple coats on the bed and parting board. One hour dry time between coats. 3-4 more coats and I should be good. I'll get all the waxing done on Thursday so I can assemble the parting board and be ready to roll with PVA on Friday when the UPS guy comes with my new PVA. My old PVA sprays like crap and the front of this cowl has a little too many angles to try to brush nicely.

Rest of the evening was spent waiting for paint to dry and doing research on the web. I cranked up the radiant heat to help flash off the epoxy primer and I got 5-6 nice coats on to help smooth out a couple of blemishes, plus I think the plaster of paris soaked up the first two coats like water. For how heavy it is, it's pretty thin so it does not build much. I know I'm in for some work (from what I've read) but I'll have to wet sand out a couple of funky spots and prep for vacuuming. From what I read this epoxy primer actually gets harder over the course of a few weeks, so I'll sand on Thursday AM.

Canopy plug looks dumb, but it should release well and the base plug is 1" longer than needed on each end so we should be good!!

Attachments

• image037.jpg
    image037.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 238
  • image038.jpg
    image038.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 200
  • image039.jpg
    image039.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 205
  • image040.jpg
    image040.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 197
  • image041.jpg
    image041.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
stangflyer said
Just curious Terry... Is this really as labor intensive as it looks? Man you do nice work!
Yup.     I'm guessing I'll have well over 100 hours into the plug, mold and canopy plug along with $XXX.00      All to make producing multiples easier.     So in other words I won't make a cent of profit until we sell about 40 kits.     But it is fun, educational and challenging, and this design is worth it!!!     Next ones will go faster for sure.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Terryscustom said

stangflyer said
Just curious Terry... Is this really as labor intensive as it looks? Man you do nice work!
Yup.     I'm guessing I'll have well over 100 hours into the plug, mold and canopy plug along with $XXX.00      All to make producing multiples easier.     So in other words I won't make a cent of profit until we sell about 40 kits.     But it is fun, educational and challenging, and this design is worth it!!!     Next ones will go faster for sure.

+1
winking-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
stangflyer said
I am always just blown away by Terry's creativeness and mad skills!!!  It has taken me a week to fix the broken rear fuse of my Raven, and I'm STILL not done 
uncomfortableness.png