• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Viper-ST 100-120cc scratch build......it continues!

tylerzx9r

100cc
Wow.. an Amazing weekend with Terry and "the LAW"! I got home safe with very little work left to be finished on a VIPER ST! That list includes: Glass the Hatch, Trim and Mount Canopy (I will be Tinting Mine), Final Sand for Covering, Paint Hatch and Cowl, Cover, Glue in Control Horns. After that, the normal Glue hinges, Mount Electronics, Engine, Tank Excedra.... If you think you want to try to build, and never have built before, I REALLY RECOMEND this Kit! Terry has done an excellent job on design, kept things real simple, and made this an awesome kit to assemble with little tools required! I will keep you all posted as I continue things on my own. In the meantime.... CALL Fibertech and get your order placed, you won't regret it! THANKS to TERRY, and LORI for this awesome opportunity! Huge Thanks To Terry for sharing his design for the rest of us to fly and enjoy!

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
It was good seeing you Tyler. I can't wait until you have it finished and get to fly it. I want pictures of the huge smile on your face when you fly it.

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Wow.. an Amazing weekend with Terry and "the LAW"! I got home safe with very little work left to be finished on a VIPER ST! That list includes: Glass the Hatch, Trim and Mount Canopy (I will be Tinting Mine), Final Sand for Covering, Paint Hatch and Cowl, Cover, Glue in Control Horns. After that, the normal Glue hinges, Mount Electronics, Engine, Tank Excedra.... If you think you want to try to build, and never have built before, I REALLY RECOMEND this Kit! Terry has done an excellent job on design, kept things real simple, and made this an awesome kit to assemble with little tools required! I will keep you all posted as I continue things on my own. In the meantime.... CALL Fibertech and get your order placed, you won't regret it! THANKS to TERRY, and LORI for this awesome opportunity! Huge Thanks To Terry for sharing his design for the rest of us to fly and enjoy!

Yep. Almost makes me think I could put one of these kits together. Awesome thread!

Terry I love the paint job and you are so talented. I love the green and the other colors you matched with the green.
The airplane has sex appeal.

Keep the good work up looking forwards to a flight video.

Elwin

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks Elwin, I'm looking forward to getting it together so I'm at least ready with fingers and toes crossed in hopes for an early Spring:).

Typically no real flying days until mid April depending on snow pack on the field and road going to it. The last couple of years we headed down to Council Bluffs IA (FBI field) for a maiden day though:yesss:

I know the feeling about flying in the spring. I live in northern, Illinois and at times outdoor flying season is about the middle of June before our weather and temps settle down, we are lucky if we get to fly in April and May can be a handful for wind and unsettled temps. I live too close too close to the Great Lakes the wind is always blowing with unsettled temps.

You are one heck of a builder and you know how to use the tools at hand. I have learned a lot reading your build threads and enjoy them very much and the pictures and videos are awesome. I am working on a 38 percent Laser and it has been a challenge. I picked up with some work completed on the fuselage from the owner of Bran Line and he has been a great help to me. My buddy Bipenut is going to help me bag the foam wings and I am looking forward to doing that. The balsa I ordered for the wing skins got here today. I plan to get the balsa ready and fit it to the wings. I need to sand it for straightness and plan the skin for covering. I got a DLE 120 for the Laser and it should fly it very well. I installed Bowman rings in the 120 hopefully it well be smooth and perform well.

I got a Xoar 28 x 10 to break in the DLE 120 and I plan to get a Falcon 29 x 8 or 9 depending on what falcon recommends or if you have a recommendation or a prop you like on your DLE 120 let me know.