• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

110" TIMBER Assembly Thread

Which Gas Engine will you use!?!?

• Total voters

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Hmn….I got a new V2 DJ72 that's been sitting on the shelf for over a year now. Was looking hard at the X Cub but I'm cub'd out.

Bazinga! Enter the "Timber 110":mario-banana:. Looking at a Pilot Decathlon as well. :ugh!: Decisions....Decisions....

Maybe best I just leave the engine on the shelf :rolleyes:.

The plane was built as 35cc plane when it first came out at JoeNall 2 years ago and I must say flew really well. Top weight is 18 lbs I believe so Aknick with a 55 is going to be dualistic. But he also added some weight with X-Cub gear and big wheels. But a 72 cc that would prove interesting if it can be done without adding to much weight or none by moving things around that will make for some interesting flying. Go for it @49dimes it will fun to have you build a Timber with Nick and my self. It will be an interesting comparison one 75cc the next 55cc and the third one electric.

Last edited:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
The engine only weight is 1580 grams or 3.48 pounds. Add a pitts muffler and ignition and it's slightly more than 4.25 pounds.

The V1 I had in the Alien Extra was swinging a 24x9 CF Falcon prop about 6500 static. And it did not seem any more powerful than my hot rod DL50 when the Alien had it up front. The plane weighed just over 20 pounds with either engine because of weight needed for balance.
So I'm thinking it might be a great motor for an 18 pound plane. I really like the colors and look of the Timber. And 8.5" bush wheels and cub gear are the "shizzle". I'm just still undecided if I want to manage a 110" wing span regardless if it is a Decathlon or Timber.
There may be a DJ72V2 up for grabs ;).

GOPR0686.JPG

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
The engine only weight is 1580 grams or 3.48 pounds. Add a pitts muffler and ignition and it's slightly more than 4.25 pounds.

The V1 I had in the Alien Extra was swinging a 24x9 CF Falcon prop about 6500 static. And it did not seem any more powerful than my hot rod DL50 when the Alien had it up front. The plane weighed just over 20 pounds with either engine because of weight needed for balance.
So I'm thinking it might be a great motor for an 18 pound plane. I really like the colors and look of the Timber. And 8.5" bush wheels and cub gear are the "shizzle". I'm just still undecided if I want to manage a 110" wing span regardless if it is a Decathlon or Timber.

View attachment 110808

From what I’ve been reading the plane balances better with a 50cc up front verses the 35cc. Doubt that includes the spring gear and PRs, but with those I think the extra power will be good.

As far as handling a 110” plane.... it’s only 68” long! Most 3D planes in this size the fuselage is close to the same as the wingspan. I don’t think handling this plane will be any different than a 30cc 3D plane.

Personally this plane hits so many boxes in a bush plane that I’m all for it. Great undercarriage, tundra tires, ease of assembly at the field, 3D power, and no heavy scale detail... keeping it light. If it’s anything like the little timbers it’s going to be one FUN plane.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Has anyone received one that you know of. Mine is on order but no delivery date from the LHS.
One thing that I hope to do is keep it as light as possible. I know it will have an electric motor but still everything else will be minimum weight be interesting to see how it all pans out with all the different combinations.

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp

View attachment 110808
Come on @49dimes join the fun you already have a cub but you do not have a Timber110.