• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 58" Edge 540

Luv3d

70cc twin V2
Mark, since you and Noll are communicating about this, and it's definitely a private matter at this point, why don't we just leave the issue between you and 3dhs, and change gears back to discussing the 58" Edge?

-G

I respect the request and the forum. Fair enough- and enjoy the machines, guys. Lots of fun for sure.

Luv3d

70cc twin V2
As many airframes as I have bought and as much money as I have spent with 3DHS, I did not think it was unreasonable for me to ask them for a simple phone call, which still has not come. The only reason this ever went to the internet was because of the company’s stubborn refusal to simply pick up the phone and talk to a loyal customer who’s airframe failed.

If they don’t want to talk to me, that’s surprising and certainly disappointing, but highlights the changes that really appear to be happening to a once-great company.

If nothing else this whole sad episode simply underlines how many awesome alternatives there really are. Unsubbed, guys. sorry.

horton

50cc
Since this is on multiple forums, I will post my response here as well...

Right, so 3DHS not replacing your airframe that was damaged being shipped to you by the original buyer make us a bad company? You continue to ask the same question over and over hoping to get a different answer. Unsure what a phone call would accomplish, you asking again?

No retailer is going to replace an item that was damaged in shipping when the item was resold.

Anthony7820

70cc twin V2
I just need to stop by the LHS and get some screws for the motor mount and some servo lead extensions and she'll be ready. And weather for Saturday looks good. :tomcruise:

And its yellow, meaning even more awesomeness!

I heard the red flys better ;) :popcorn:

Either way it should be sweet :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

SnowDog

This is mine:

20120519_075351.jpg

Yellow is awesome!

That is all.

Rock on Pontus!

hosam

70cc twin V2
IMAG1334.jpg

Today I went flying for the first time since mid September and boy did it feel great. Weather was a blistering 52 degrees and no wind… perfect to maiden fly a slightly used 58. The previous owner sold me the plane with a Hacker A40-10S, Ice 75, Hitec 225 all around, 4S 4400 Value Hobby batteries and a 15x7 wood Xoar prop.

My first impression is the edge did seem to be anemic in power. The vertical climb was limited, hovers were mostly at ¾ throttle and pull out was a struggle, which left little power to get out of trouble… The 4S was touching the firewall to keep the balance at neutral. The motor was cool to the touch after 10 minutes of flying (2 packs back to back)…The batteries have been sitting in a storage state since purchase and were charged last night

What troubled me is that I had the same setup in a 57 & 59 (except I used 4S 5000 from HPz) with great power but now I am not sure what gives… any ideas???

njswede

150cc
Just maidened my Edge. OMG, this thing makes me look like I know what I'm doing! Print me a fan club member card, cause I'm joining! :)

Steve_B

70cc twin V2
What troubled me is that I had the same setup in a 57 & 59 (except I used 4S 5000 from HPz) with great power but now I am not sure what gives… any ideas???
If the set up was all the same except for the battery... then i'd suspect the battery;)

Put a wattmeter on it and see how the voltage holds up under load.