• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 58" Edge 540

Luv3d

70cc twin V2
Guys,
I have been considering one of these. I would run it on a Torque 4014T / 570kv motor, Airboss 80a ESC and 16x8 APC on 4S 3300's. HS225mg's all around...

Thoughts?

I'm getting ready to build a 58" 3DHS Edge 540 and have a question on how I should connect everything. I'm going to run an ICE 75 with a Castle BEC Pro and would still like to use the Hitec SPC voltage indicator. I don't think it would be wise to crimp all these wires into a 45amp PP connectors because it would be too large of a wire bundle. I could use the 75amp PP connectors but I think they're too big for this size plane. So my idea is to make a "Y" harness to connect everything with 45amp PP connectors. Before I do that I wanted to see what other people have done. It would be great to get pictures of similar setups.

Santi8

70cc twin V2
Guys, I will be doing a limited cut of a 2012 3dhs/3drcf garage sale vinyl theme on the 58" edge i picked up from the garage sale. It will probably be on sale sometime in the next few weeks, but if someone is interested in it now, pm me and i'll make sure your name gets plastered all over it! While it was fun winning the edge last night, I just got a 70 and a 71 slick, so I wont need anything in the 60 range right now. Let me know!

jfuller1250

New to GSN!
Guys, I will be doing a limited cut of a 2012 3dhs/3drcf garage sale vinyl theme on the 58" edge i picked up from the garage sale. It will probably be on sale sometime in the next few weeks, but if someone is interested in it now, pm me and i'll make sure your name gets plastered all over it! While it was fun winning the edge last night, I just got a 70 and a 71 slick, so I wont need anything in the 60 range right now. Let me know!

Santi, what color did you get?

Santi8

70cc twin V2
Red! Love that scheme! After seeing joe just kill it with his 74" at the TN huckfest, it's tough selling this one, but I just sold off my 6s 3300 packs and electronics with my 60 edge! I'll probably get a 48-51 so I could use my 4s 2650'd, or I'll just save for that 50cc bird I've been wanting! I'll be doing a scheme on my 71" red slick and selling that as well! That was a garage sale item that I grabbed early at the TN huckfest! I feel special now that there wasn't a 71" slick last night!

Santi8

70cc twin V2
I got lucky at the huckfest- no doubt!
I like to teach the young 3d wannabes, brings good karma! While I'm nowhere near a great 3d pilot, I can help them get into a good frame, help them setup their equipment, and bring my laptop to the field to let them try the sims.. Karma is real! Lol!

Luv3d

70cc twin V2
Guys,
I just picked one up- VERY excited about it. Thanks Santi8 for working the deal with me! Love the Karma.