• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 58" Edge 540

gyro

GSN Contributor
I'll bring mine to the Midwest FLI in June 2013 and you can fly it there unless you get a pull from someone else sooner. :)

That is, if you can handle flying a yellow plane instead of a red one. ;)

It should be easier, since they're slower. :p

Thanks Mike :)

gyro

GSN Contributor
Ordered one of these beauties with the thanksgiving sale at 3dhs.

Going with a Motrolfly 4315 motor. I've got one that I use now on my MXS that is 480kv on 6s, thinking about trying 714kv on 4s. Anyone else out there running that? If so, what prop are you using, and what kind power consumption?

-Gary

Santi8

70cc twin V2
I would go for whatever batteries you have more of. The 6s setup draws way less amps, so I usually prefer to go that route when available. But I'm pretty sure the guys that have a bunch of 4s 4000+'s laying around for their 8s systems, they would benefit from the 4s setup. Either way, I believe ken can get you around the same power. 1700w on these 58"-60" birds is way overkill anyways, even if its 2-300w less, you probably would barely even notice. Since flying the ballistic setups and the lighter setups with a bit less power, I've actually started preferring the setups with slightly less power. Although it seems weird, the lower power setups have drastically made me more smooth of a 3d pilot. The ballistic power is cool for tumbles and snaps, but I don't think I progressed as quickly with them as I did with my lighter, lower powered setups. Just my taste at the time though. My 51" slick is setup ballistic and I still love it! I just fly it different than my 71 on 6s...

gyro

GSN Contributor
I would go for whatever batteries you have more of. The 6s setup draws way less amps, so I usually prefer to go that route when available. But I'm pretty sure the guys that have a bunch of 4s 4000+'s laying around for their 8s systems, they would benefit from the 4s setup. Either way, I believe ken can get you around the same power. 1700w on these 58"-60" birds is way overkill anyways, even if its 2-300w less, you probably would barely even notice. Since flying the ballistic setups and the lighter setups with a bit less power, I've actually started preferring the setups with slightly less power. Although it seems weird, the lower power setups have drastically made me more smooth of a 3d pilot. The ballistic power is cool for tumbles and snaps, but I don't think I progressed as quickly with them as I did with my lighter, lower powered setups. Just my taste at the time though. My 51" slick is setup ballistic and I still love it! I just fly it different than my 71 on 6s...

Good advice! I have both some 6s3000/3300 batts for my MXS, but I also have a bunch of 4s4000 from my 8: setups...
So... Still undecided, but the 4s option is looking good based on above advice.

-G