• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 60" Yak-55

jmart95

70cc twin V2
I run the BKs in my 60 laser. Cody runs a RJX servo that is slightly slower (like .06) and has more torque and seems to hold up better to being used in a airplane.
What is preferable about the RJX compared to the BK servos from your experience with them?

gyro

GSN Contributor
My favorite servos in this size class are the Hitec HS-7245MG. I've used them on multiple planes now, and the work great, no slop, not too fast, plenty of torque, and center great. Also, they're programmable too!

7245s run beautifully on unregulated lipo power as well. I have no problem running a 500 2S, though the servos will jitter with no fuzzy velcro on the counterbalance gap.

What is preferable about the RJX compared to the BK servos from your experience with them?

I have had zero issues with my BKs and I would buy them again.

These are the servos Cody went to.

http://www.helidirect.com/rjx-hv-mini-servo15wx36lx315h-suitable-all-500-heli-size-p-34114.hdx

Below .10 I can't tell a difference, so the extra torque would be nice. He has had a few failures with the RJX 391s which are the same specs as the BKs and are probably the same servo with some different programming from Bert.

You have to cut the servo pockets to get these to fit.

They do feel wonderful and are very nice servos.

The downside is the cost, weight, and modifying of the servo pockets to get them to fit. Also watch out for how tall they are, especially in the wings.

jmart95

70cc twin V2
I have had zero issues with my BKs and I would buy them again.

These are the servos Cody went to.

http://www.helidirect.com/rjx-hv-mini-servo15wx36lx315h-suitable-all-500-heli-size-p-34114.hdx

Below .10 I can't tell a difference, so the extra torque would be nice. He has had a few failures with the RJX 391s which are the same specs as the BKs and are probably the same servo with some different programming from Bert.

You have to cut the servo pockets to get these to fit.

They do feel wonderful and are very nice servos.

The downside is the cost, weight, and modifying of the servo pockets to get them to fit. Also watch out for how tall they are, especially in the wings.
Thanks for the input! For me the downsides are 100% worth it for the performance, and it's good to hear that you've had good luck with them too

mazjag

50cc
Got mine coming...I`m gonna use the 6s 3300s and the torque motor...I was gonna buy a EF MXS 64" so I already had everything..Love the black/yellow scheme and just like 3DHS a little better than EF..

IMGP0003.JPG

They're finally here.

mazjag

50cc
Got mine Thursday..Going together pretty good considering there really isn`t any instructions for this particular plane. Using the Torque motor you definitely don`t need any spacers on the X-mount..I`m excited to see this motor in this plane..All the EF planes with this package flat out scream around the field..

gyro

GSN Contributor
Got mine Thursday..Going together pretty good considering there really isn`t any instructions for this particular plane. Using the Torque motor you definitely don`t need any spacers on the X-mount..I`m excited to see this motor in this plane..All the EF planes with this package flat out scream around the field..

Congrats!

Any photos from the build?

mazjag

50cc
It just your traditional 3DHS build so I figure all you guys have seen it a 100 times. I`ll post some in the AM so down the road people can look at it...the whole kit looks good..The cowl is huge and kinda flexible..Probably need to be careful loading and unloading not to crack the paint..