• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 70" Velox

gyro

GSN Contributor
i hate it when my motrolflys have that problem :D

Lol! I had a 4325 in there... Decided to try gas. This would have been the maiden. I'm not that frustrated, I expect to have a few issues getting an engine setup for the first time at my skill level!

hosam

70cc twin V2
Gary, was that the first time it was started? if yes, drop a few squirts in the carb and give it a try again. new carbs need that squirt to get things working for the first time...

gyro

GSN Contributor
Gary, was that the first time it was started? if yes, drop a few squirts in the carb and give it a try again. new carbs need that squirt to get things working for the first time...

That is a great suggestion, however the problem was no suction at all.
We disassembled the carb at the field and for some reason no matter what we did we couldn't get it to suck fuel. Checked the tank and it feeds fuel just fine.
Something is broken in the pump to suck fuel I think. My friend Humberto is taking the engine home with him to see if he can get it figured out.

Ohhh sorry to hear all that!!! realy hate it when i get prolems with them engines and cant figure it out!!! im currently tryin to figure out why my 30 wants to die when i roll from lengthy knife edge to flat again!!! most retarded thing i ever seen!!! ever heard of that???

gyro

GSN Contributor
Ohhh sorry to hear all that!!! realy hate it when i get prolems with them engines and cant figure it out!!! im currently tryin to figure out why my 30 wants to die when i roll from lengthy knife edge to flat again!!! most retarded thing i ever seen!!! ever heard of that???

Nope, I haven't that is definitely weird! My engine is "fixed" as best I can tell without starting it, should get to try again soon.

-G

gyro

GSN Contributor
Had something of a "strike 2" today with the Velox. Still couldn't get the engine to suck fuel, after my friend took it home and cleaned everything in the carb, ultra-fine sanded the reed block, and said it sucked fuel for him --unmounted and on his bench however--

I've really only got the patience to try one more time...

kgalen

30cc
Well electric versions can have their issues too. Battery ejected but it landed perfectly....inverted :eek: Replaced the canopy and repaired the rudder and she back to her tumblying fool self :D

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366050165771.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366050165771.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 237