• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 87" Extra 300 SHP

dskuro95

100cc
Well I maidened my new 3DHS 87" Extra 300 SHP. I did not have to touch my trims at all. IT was perfect. Since my dad was so mad about my previous 87" he strictly made this plane my IMAC/sport flying plane. Luckily I will have my red one back sometime in July and will probably fly it before August. That one will be my 3D 87". That is until, the new yak comes out.

aronph

70cc twin V2
Where do you have the ailerons set when the sticks are neutral?...does the inside edge of the aileron match up with the outside edge of the mating surface on the wing?....trailing edges match exactly or is there a touch of right aileron?...allmost every plane I've owned had to have just a touch of right aileron. I am assuming to counteract torque but you would think at a decent airspeed with the throttle set still at strait and level that there wouldnt be that much torque

dskuro95

100cc
Well, the guy who took home my red 87" SHP just sent me an email saying the plane is repaired!!! The only thing I have to do when I get it back, is clean up the monokote and put my equipment back in it! He said there is pictures to come!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Well, the guy who took home my red 87" SHP just sent me an email saying the plane is repaired!!! The only thing I have to do when I get it back, is clean up the monokote and put my equipment back in it! He said there is pictures to come!

That is great news Dan! So now the question is, what will be going back in? You pulled all your gear for the other 87", which is now your "IMAC" plane right?

I'm in the process of installing my EME60 onto my 87 Right now.

-G

dskuro95

100cc
Well the plane came with a DLE-55. So I will be putting a DA-50 back into the red one(previously in there). I'm not sure what I am gonna do about servos. The only servos I have with a decent amount of torque are 5985mg's. Unfortunately they were in the blue 87" when I bought the plane. I may swap them out since in an IMAC plane I will not need 403 oz torque. MY 3D one will. Who knows, I may find some cheap 7955's or 7954's used. That would be awesome! But other then that I have a receiver, extra fuel tanks, etc.

That is great news Dan! So now the question is, what will be going back in? You pulled all your gear for the other 87", which is now your "IMAC" plane right?

I'm in the process of installing my EME60 onto my 87 Right now.

-G