• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 87" Extra 300 SHP

hosam

70cc twin V2
Hosam, just so you know I was saying that as an insult or anything. I was just stating that it is or looks the same as mine.

confused!!! are you saying it is an insult or not... regardless.... I just asked Gary for stickers that were similar to yours as I thought they looked cool...

gyro

GSN Contributor
confused!!! are you saying it is an insult or not... regardless.... I just asked Gary for stickers that were similar to yours as I thought they looked cool...

I think he was saying that he liked them, and he wasn't trying to insult you by saying he had the same ones.

robj

70cc twin V2
I did some looking (bad memory) and I forgot I started with a beech Xoar 24x8 first and I did see that I got 6570 rpm on it and that was pretty rich then. I am going tomorrow I will tach the Vess Stealth. Do you guys test before you fly or after? I ask because my idle rpm is always higher after I land and the engine is warm then when I take off.

I do mine on the ground at the house, it's warmed up. I also like the throttle trim on a 9503 because I have a low idle and a high idle when in flight. On my dx7 I had the high low idle on a switch. Nice thing about the DLE is the tack you can plug in to the ignition.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
I also like the throttle trim on a 9503 because I have a low idle and a high idle when in flight. .

Not familiar with JR is that a switch or are you just using the throttle trim? I like flying my DA-60 Extra better from grass but our field is paved. I start out on low idle switch and flip to hight on take off. On short finial I flip it back to low idle but it won't let the plane roll to a stop so I have to kill it or trim it back. I am thinking of setting it up to start and run on high idle and setting the low idle to get a nice slow warm engine idle. The problem is it defeats the reason I want the high idle to ensure no flame outs in quick power off maneuvers.

zmonster97

Here's my 6th flight on my 87! Not too much 3d yet because it is still breaking in. Watch in HD.

[video=youtube;xM132w0jAEU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM132w0jAEU[/video]

gyro

GSN Contributor
Here's my 6th flight on my 87! Not too much 3d yet because it is still breaking in. Watch in HD.

Looks great Zach, looks like you're really having fun with it. Let me know when you're ready for some "bling" :D

Manta

70cc twin V2

nice flying! Engine sounds great too.6 flights? Time to huck it now bro!! :)

robj

70cc twin V2
Not familiar with JR is that a switch or are you just using the throttle trim? I like flying my DA-60 Extra better from grass but our field is paved. I start out on low idle switch and flip to hight on take off. On short finial I flip it back to low idle but it won't let the plane roll to a stop so I have to kill it or trim it back. I am thinking of setting it up to start and run on high idle and setting the low idle to get a nice slow warm engine idle. The problem is it defeats the reason I want the high idle to ensure no flame outs in quick power off maneuvers.

The JR 9503 is interesting, 3 of the trims are digital, the throttle is mechanical, you move it up and down sort of like the stick, but in trim increments of course. At first I though WTH?? But I quickly liked it. It just seems to work for me. But in your case you could set up a triple rate on the throttle idle. I keep fiddling with the 103 and it's low idle, Since that big prop keeps it moving forward especially in no wind I have to really cut the idle to get it slowed like I like it. We have concrete to so it'll keep moving. I deadsticked it twice the other day when moving the throttle down. Not a worrisome deadstick as I was over the runway, I had to walk to go get it! I've been fiddling with the subtrim to get it set where I like it but may try a triple mix if I can find a switch.