• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 87" Extra 300 SHP

Manta

70cc twin V2
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371161390.031153.jpg
For Brandon.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Spent a little time tuning the EME60 before its first flight in the Extra, and on VP powermix 40:1. I opened up the low and leaned the high a little. 6250 max rpm on a 24x8 Xoar laminated prop... :D

The re-maiden is complete, and it went great. I feel like I'm starting to connect well with the plane, brought down much lower than last time. My energy maneuvers were awesome, I'm sure the extra few ounces of nose weight didn't hurt.

Very pleased with this airplane right now!!!

robj

70cc twin V2
Spent a little time tuning the EME60 before its first flight in the Extra, and on VP powermix 40:1. I opened up the low and leaned the high a little. 6250 max rpm on a 24x8 Xoar laminated prop... :D

The re-maiden is complete, and it went great. I feel like I'm starting to connect well with the plane, brought down much lower than last time. My energy maneuvers were awesome, I'm sure the extra few ounces of nose weight didn't hurt.

Very pleased with this airplane right now!!!
Only 6250? You were only getting about that one that dle in Dallas. I had to retune my 55 because
It was running so bad and dead sticking. Ran fine on the low side. Ignition was gong out. Swapped it out and good as new. It seemed to be getting worse and worse Got it topping out about 7100

gyro

GSN Contributor
Only 6250? You were only getting about that one that dle in Dallas. I had to retune my 55 because
It was running so bad and dead sticking. Ran fine on the low side. Ignition was gong out. Swapped it out and good as new. It seemed to be getting worse and worse Got it topping out about 7100

I've still got some room to go a little higher on the top end, but I'm also running a 24x8 versus the 23x8 on the DLE-55RA.

What prop are you spinning up to 7100
on yours? You had that motor singing in Dallas!

robj

70cc twin V2
23a. But I wouldn't thing it would make around a 15% difference

Ray. What prop and rpm are you running on your da60?