• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 87" Extra 300 SHP

hosam

70cc twin V2
Well, after deciding not to sell it, she is now fully restored to flying condition. The SHP got a new rudder, cowl, wheel pants, landing gear, servos (7955 all the way around with 5665 on TH), batteries (2S 2200 for the radio), motor (EME 60 with an RE2 tuned pipe), prop (falcon 24x9), carbon spinner and finally some GYRO graphics. Maiden flight should be this tomorrow, if weather, baby and wife cooperate…

Attachments

• IMG_0626.jpg
    IMG_0626.jpg
    444.9 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_0627.jpg
    IMG_0627.jpg
    441.3 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_0628.jpg
    IMG_0628.jpg
    443.9 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_0629.jpg
    IMG_0629.jpg
    443.5 KB · Views: 220

gyro

GSN Contributor
23a. But I wouldn't thing it would make around a 15% difference

Ray. What prop and rpm are you running on your da60?

IIRC, a Vess 23a is similar to a 23x6, and 24x8 is similar to the 24B. But still, I will see if it has more to give. She felt a little warm after the last flight, so I may open the firewall and under fuse vents to get some air through the cowl and canister tunnel for cooling.

Did you have to replace your ignition after Dallas?

Well, after deciding not to sell it, she is now fully restored to flying condition. The SHP got a new rudder, cowl, wheel pants, landing gear, servos (7955 all the way around with 5665 on TH), batteries (2S 2200 for the radio), motor (EME 60 with an RE2 tuned pipe), prop (falcon 24x9), carbon spinner and finally some GYRO graphics. Maiden flight should be this tomorrow, if weather, baby and wife cooperate…

Congrats on the rebirth of your 87! It looks damn good, especially with all that bling on it! :D :D

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
23a. But I wouldn't thing it would make around a 15% difference

I bounce between the Vess Stealth 24B and a 24x10 laminated Xoar. It has been a while since I put a tach on it but I believe with the Stealth upper 6800 but been a while. The 24b seems under propped but awesome for 3D as it hits top speed pretty quick but feels like it has another gear left same with the 24X10. I need to play a little more with the throttle curve too as that could be some of it. I would like to try a 25b or 8 but these are pretty expensive just to try.

dskuro95

100cc
Exact vinyl as mine.

Glad to finally see it fly! Good thing I was there to give you a ignition batt, gas can, and a drill jig. Also, the motor tuning! LOL. Hope the motor sounds perfect to you. Sounds it to me!
I maidened my 87 today! Plus 5 more! It flew awesome! Not too much 3d though because I'm breaking the engine in.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It

I did some looking (bad memory) and I forgot I started with a beech Xoar 24x8 first and I did see that I got 6570 rpm on it and that was pretty rich then. I am going tomorrow I will tach the Vess Stealth. Do you guys test before you fly or after? I ask because my idle rpm is always higher after I land and the engine is warm then when I take off.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I did some looking (bad memory) and I forgot I started with a beech Xoar 24x8 first and I did see that I got 6570 rpm on it and that was pretty rich then. I am going tomorrow I will tach the Vess Stealth. Do you guys test before you fly or after? I ask because my idle rpm is always higher after I land and the engine is warm then when I take off.

I was doing my taching today while tuning. The engine was nice and warm, and would start without choke and on the first flip after each adjustment.

I'm interested in trying a 23x10 on the Extra.... I know many have run the 22x10 on the DLE55...

dskuro95

100cc
Hosam, just so you know I was saying that as an insult or anything. I was just stating that it is or looks the same as mine.

Exact vinyl as mine.

Glad to finally see it fly! Good thing I was there to give you a ignition batt, gas can, and a drill jig. Also, the motor tuning! LOL. Hope the motor sounds perfect to you. Sounds it to me!