• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS New Products and General Plane Info/Help for Fanatics

Scott's tip in the 87 manual is great for quick take-offs if you end up at a rough field(50cc and up). To date I've only flown the 87 at 3 different fields, 2 were concrete\asphault and the other was a nice cut low grass field. But if you need to take them off it makes the process about 2 minutes, no fussing with the axle.

What pray tell, is this tip? Just so I don't have to read a manual for a plane I don't own yet. :confused:

Thanks!

robj

70cc twin V2
What pray tell, is this tip? Just so I don't have to read a manual for a plane I don't own yet. :confused:

Thanks!

Try here...page 16. I thought I remember it being in greater detail. But basically position the axle nut(the one part of the axle) correctly, then slightly enlarge the U channell in the pant where the pant will slide over the axle/wheel into position. Then use the 2 screws with blue loctite to secure them. There is no "pinch" like on the smaller planes. Remove 2 screws, pant slides right off in seconds.

http://www.3dhobbyshop.com/assets/images/3DH-87EXTRA/3DH-87EXTRA-MANUAL.pdf

hosam

70cc twin V2
Scott's tip in the 87 manual is great for quick take-offs if you end up at a rough field(50cc and up). To date I've only flown the 87 at 3 different fields, 2 were concrete\asphault and the other was a nice cut low grass field. But if you need to take them off it makes the process about 2 minutes, no fussing with the axle.

Rob, that is an old trick I learned from a circle flyer a long time ago and I use it on all my planes including my 7X" planes... it works great but every time the pants flex when landing they eventually crack. I even tried adding the wood block on the opposite side of the pants for the axle to go through to minimize flexing...

I guess what i am looking for is a way to strengthen them so they wont crack under stress. I was thinking of filling them with expandable foam then carving out the area for the wheels and see how they last...

robj

70cc twin V2
Rob, that is an old trick I learned from a circle flyer a long time ago and I use it on all my planes including my 7X" planes... it works great but every time the pants flex when landing they eventually crack. I even tried adding the wood block on the opposite side of the pants for the axle to go through to minimize flexing...

I guess what i am looking for is a way to strengthen them so they wont crack under stress. I was thinking of filling them with expandable foam then carving out the area for the wheels and see how they last...

Roger...see Jim's idea, put them on for show times. They are just real lightweight and can't take a lot of punishment. I just leave mine on and get what I can out of them because they belong on the plane. I've got a spare set of 72 pants I need to put on. First ones lasted 1.5 years or so, 300-400 flights. Not to bad.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Roger...see Jim's idea, put them on for show times. They are just real lightweight and can't take a lot of punishment. I just leave mine on and get what I can out of them because they belong on the plane. I've got a spare set of 72 pants I need to put on. First ones lasted 1.5 years or so, 300-400 flights. Not to bad.

Shoot, I'd just like to hang onto a plane for 100+ flights :)

Bivens

50cc
1) robj is either really good or just flies too high. ;)

2) I put a small slice of glow fuel tube behind the washer....the friction keeps the bolts from backing out....no locktite.

-DJO

70cc twin V2
Does anybody here have any idea at all of when the 3DHS 48'' Edges (balsa) are going to be back in stock? I've been on the waiting list for like over a month now and no updates :confused:

Thanks!

:)

Dan