• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS New Products and General Plane Info/Help for Fanatics

joshgluck

100cc
Does anyone know where I can find a canopy for a orange 59" Slick? Mine got damaged last night and I haven't been able to find a replacement today anywhere.

My search came up empty too.. Didn't look at rc groups or rc universe yet. Maybe they have a for sale posting?

Any pics of the damage. What broke? Repairable?

Good luck

I sent an email to 3dhs today, so I'll be waiting on a reply from them while still looking. I don't have any pics right now but I'll get them up here shortly.

Here is the damage to the canopy. I have the pieces and am thinking about glueing them back in place with ca and painting the inside of the canopy black, until I can get a replacement. Some damage will still be visible but not as bad as now.

IMG_1731.jpgIMG_1732.jpg

joshgluck

100cc
I've heard of people replacing canopies with soda bottles, do you think you could do that? Glue and paint sound good as a hold over until you can get a real replacement too.

I hadn't thought about a soda bottle. If it works, it is probably a better solution as I could clean up the opening and cut one piece to fit instead of trying to scab the busted pieces back in place.

Thanks Josh, I'll give that a try.

hosam

70cc twin V2
Guys some FYI, if you are in need of a gasket for your gas or glow engine check out http://icbimproducts.com/. Larry makes all kinds of gaskets and just had him make me a set for my Mintor 38 as the O-rings that came with the motor were not cutting it...

Besides being an avid RC flyer, Larry is a super nice guy, highly recommended by me and you can tell him I sent ya...

-DJO

70cc twin V2
Just build it and set it up right. Use the recommended components and don't skimp on anything. It will fly great!

Yeah well setting it up right requires one heck of a lot of spare $$$ that I don't have at the moment ;)

yea what z said. dont skimp. tell you another thing, the buck 50 is a pretty tough bird. ask me how i know :D I think it was Bivens that said he has actually land his inverted in a grassy field with no damage. just kept the wings level and slowly brought her in upside down.

I'll consider it but right now I've got other things to focus on that will be taking up most of my time. Trust me, if I had a LOT of money lying around then yeah I'd set it up. But I'm still a fan of simplicity and disassembling and assembling a plane for transport doesn't appeal to me either, at all.

:)

Dan

-DJO

70cc twin V2
On another note, I did some 3D with my Blade 300X w/Tarot ZYX-S FBL controller and MAN 3D helis are a lot of fun :D can't wait to upgrade to CF blades (on order), for 100% throttle idle up settings... :cool:

ENJOY! (and subscribe ;))

[video=youtube;ZjVuIx44va0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjVuIx44va0[/video]

:)

Dan