• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

60" Laser-EXP

gyro

GSN Contributor
So I got a pair of flights in today during lunch.
Found my happy balance point, about 1/2" forward of the wing tube. KE had almost zero pitch or roll coupling, as I was able to fly easy KE without any mixes.
As with my other flights, poptops and KE spins were just downright nasty. :)
Also, found this plane to be on the easy side for hovering, considering I was able to hold some nice ones, and I'm not that good!
This is likely my favorite 60" EXP thus far.... But I want to get a little more time on it before I decide.

wedoitall

wow, 1/2 from the tube would be extremely tail heavy for me. I do wish I could get my pack back that far without being tail heavy. Just to see how it affects flight characteristics.

gyro

GSN Contributor
wow, 1/2 from the tube would be extremely tail heavy for me. I do wish I could get my pack back that far without being tail heavy. Just to see how it affects flight characteristics.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381285369.325654.jpg
That's my spot :)

That's my spot :)

That's where I've got mine too (5S 4000mAH 30C / 529g pack). And my ESC is in the same location as yours. Just barely have to push down ELV to stay level when inverted.

71 flights to date. The Laser flies BIG, in that it is very stable at all attitudes, hovers super nice, and just begs to be flown close in. Love the KE performance and tight KE loops (flying with SFGs'). High AOA KE passes can be flown amazingly slow. I wanna 50cc+ version of the Laser for sure:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Love the KE performance and tight KE loops (flying with SFGs'). High AOA KE passes can be flown amazingly slow. I wanna 50cc+ version of the Laser for sure:)

That's interesting you say tight KE loops. I can't get mine even close to fight. I have my rudder just about touching the elevator too. I don't remember what it measured at that spot but it is not the recommended 45 degrees. I have no problems in KE flight in fact it's great. Just can't get it to pull up and over very good.