• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

72" Extra 330SC

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
Of course :p

I built mine with the new Savox SA-1258TG servos made for planes. They're pretty incredible... I can't believe how fast the center when the stick is released from full deflection. I've been flying this class plane with the SC-1258TG for a while, and those are really nice, so I expect these to be just as awesome as well.

Think you'll make it to the Ft. Smith AR event as well this year?

-G

i didnt even think about it, but its not too far from me. i may have to make it out there. should have my vacation days available for work by then too.

as for servos, i think i want to do the futaba s9352hv servos. ive had savox, and while i like the servo itself, my servo arms did not fit very well on them and it makes me a bit nervous. i havnt had any good quality futaba servos before so i kinda want to try them

gyro

GSN Contributor
i didnt even think about it, but its not too far from me. i may have to make it out there. should have my vacation days available for work by then too.

as for servos, i think i want to do the futaba s9352hv servos. ive had savox, and while i like the servo itself, my servo arms did not fit very well on them and it makes me a bit nervous. i havnt had any good quality futaba servos before so i kinda want to try them

That's the cool thing about the new SA servos... they come with some nice, snug, heavy duty servo arms.
DSCF9160.jpg

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
so is 167oz of torque plenty for the 72? ive always gone overkill on torque, so it scares me a bit to see torque ratings that low. i know i know, lots of people use them, but i still have to ask :D

gyro

GSN Contributor
so is 167oz of torque plenty for the 72? ive always gone overkill on torque, so it scares me a bit to see torque ratings that low. i know i know, lots of people use them, but i still have to ask :D

Well, I fly the snot out of my 71" Slick, and is has the same servos. I'm restoring a 74" Edge and its getting them as well.

So all my 7x" planes will have them. And on 6.6v LiPoFe, they're probably more like 180-190oz in.

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
the price is hard to beat, especially when the futabas im looking at are twice that. decisions decisions...

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
you are killing me. just bought the airframe, a screw assortment, and a new charger (ichager 4010duo :D:D:D:D), i probably will have to wait till my next paycheck for servos and a motor

joshgluck

100cc
You should go unregulated 7.4 lipo! Do the Jamesrini build and you won't regret it.

Wolverine switch 2 x deans in, 3 x deans out
Servo city power bus
And that's all she wrote..

Poor man's power safe rx basically. Just make sure your ignition and kill can take 7.4 and get Hv servos.