• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

72" Extra 330SC

gyro

GSN Contributor
ahh, could use another 5-10 degrees :p

Always!

Well, a little more progress made today.
All control servos mounted and tested, motorbox drilled and standoffs mounted, tank plumbed, rx installed, and power system with switch installed.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369606855.429203.jpg

All that's left is ignition, throttle servo, motor, cowl, prop & spinner.

:D

Always!

Well, a little more progress made today.
All control servos mounted and tested, motorbox drilled and standoffs mounted, tank plumbed, rx installed, and power system with switch installed.

View attachment 9041

All that's left is ignition, throttle servo, motor, cowl, prop & spinner. And smoke system.

There I fixed your to do list. Lol

gyro

GSN Contributor
There I fixed your to do list. Lol

Nice... got a sullivan sky writer ready to go, and my 89" slick has a smoke muffler already installed... I just need to put the pump and tank in the plane.
For me, I'm sticking with the 50/60cc class for smoke. Seems to not only work better, but that size seems to absorb the extra weight better too.

got my extra ordered. cant wait to dig in on this puppy

another electric, or are you joining us on the gas side :D?

gyro

GSN Contributor
haha your funny :D of course leccy. hoping to have it pretty much ready to go for the missouri FLI, but gotta get a bunch of stuff for it

Of course :p

I built mine with the new Savox SA-1258TG servos made for planes. They're pretty incredible... I can't believe how fast the center when the stick is released from full deflection. I've been flying this class plane with the SC-1258TG for a while, and those are really nice, so I expect these to be just as awesome as well.

Think you'll make it to the Ft. Smith AR event as well this year?

-G

joshgluck

100cc
Of course :p

I built mine with the new Savox SA-1258TG servos made for planes. They're pretty incredible... I can't believe how fast the center when the stick is released from full deflection. I've been flying this class plane with the SC-1258TG for a while, and those are really nice, so I expect these to be just as awesome as well.

Think you'll make it to the Ft. Smith AR event as well this year?

-G

How do you think they compare to
uploadfromtaptalk1369613033368.jpg

gyro

GSN Contributor
How do you think they compare to
View attachment 9042

That servo is a little overkill for a 30cc (torque wise) If you ask me.
The SA/SC-1258 have titanium gears, and they're nearly indestructible. They're SUPER fast, and have the perfect amount of power for this size plane. They also run 6.6v LiPoFe unregulated, so you can still skip the BEC or regulator.

joshgluck

100cc
That servo is a little overkill for a 30cc (torque wise) If you ask me.
The SA/SC-1258 have titanium gears, and they're nearly indestructible. They're SUPER fast, and have the perfect amount of power for this size plane. They also run 6.6v LiPoFe unregulated, so you can still skip the BEC or regulator.

So you mean I bought the perfect servos for when I run into a free 50cc airframe ;-)