• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

72" Extra 330SC

joshgluck

100cc
71" Slick (gas), 72" Extra, 74" Edge, all have a sealed motorbox and firewall.

:)

BAM! Looks like now all I need to figure out is what size tygon to use, do I need any inline filters, and to pickup some 2s Lipos for the HV goodness.

Bowmans arrived too, also waiting on the wolverines from Mike at fromeco.

gyro

GSN Contributor
BAM! Looks like now all I need to figure out is what size tygon to use, do I need any inline filters, and to pickup some 2s Lipos for the HV goodness.

Bowmans arrived too, also waiting on the wolverines from Mike at fromeco.

Well, if you buy a fourtitude tank, and some of their fuel line, you're set. I picked up a 16oz for mine :)

joshgluck

100cc
I got a tank kit from valleyviewrc. Think I'm gonna use it on a Fiji bottle.

Any advice on cutting the cowl? Need to do it on both the extra and the edge.. Never done it before

gyro

GSN Contributor
I got a tank kit from valleyviewrc. Think I'm gonna use it on a Fiji bottle.

Any advice on cutting the cowl? Need to do it on both the extra and the edge.. Never done it before

I forget where I saw it, but there was a cool technique of cutting a piece of card stock for the shape of the can and the muffler, and then using that as your outline for the cut.

Maybe Jim/Joe can weigh in since they've done it so many times?

gyro

GSN Contributor
Got a little work done tonight: Cut out control horn covering squares, glued in the Horizontal Stab, and mounted all the control surface servos. Not much... but progress none the less.

-g

joshgluck

100cc
Awesome! I did a little too, just not on the extra. The edge is all done and ready for maiden! Well, I think I forgot to reconnect the fuel line to the engine, but I can do that before I fly ;)

gyro

GSN Contributor
A little more work done :)
Tail hinged, servo'd, and linked.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369510163.203952.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369510171.486988.jpg

Looks like the elevator has enough throw...