• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

AeroBeez 73" (26%) Yak-54 30cc ARF Airplane

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Pre-ordered the new Yak 54 in the green/white scheme today.

Think I have the power system worked out. Motrofly 4330-255 on 8S; ICE 100 ESC, 22X10 electric prop. Been trading some emails with Ken at Subsonic about 8S and 10S on the 4330-255. 10S will be workable but would need to prop down to something in the 19X10 or 19X8 range. He seems to think that would keep me below 2700 watts.

I'm looking forward to getting this ARF, probably won't fly as light as a 3DHS but should be very capable to handle anything I can throw at it.

You may be surprised by the weight, I was. I purchased their 50cc Slick and it came out to 14.6 pounds with a DA 50. I was shocked.
Good luck and do a build thread if you have time.

Aerobeez

70cc twin V2
26% 73" Yak-54 Aerobeez Review now Live!

Have fun! [video=youtube;uq2TlKY_bs4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq2TlKY_bs4&feature=c4-overview&list=UU2O1KyHDlCFJCtuulbbtMtw[/video]

gyro

GSN Contributor
We've got out 73 Yak completed, with plenty of notes and photos for the review. Hopefully, we get it into the air soon, and give you the complete picture at once.

Couple of notes:

-covering looks awesome
-plenty of throw on factory hinged surfaces
-included hardware was really nice
-a couple of minor issues during the build solved by our spares box

Overall, she' looks great, can't wait to get her outside for some photos.

gyro

GSN Contributor
This plane looks awesome!

DSCF0268.jpgDSCF0275.jpg