• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

AeroBeez 73" (26%) Yak-54 30cc ARF Airplane

wedoitall

Yep, got one long 15 minute flight, and then on the second flight, the engine died after 5 min in a low altitude position. Didn't make it back to the runway.
View attachment 16805

Dropped it off with Humberto the balsa magician for some attention. Got some video of the maiden, we will eventually get it posted.

not a bad repair. ive already done 2 like this. One for me and one for a buddys 50cc'er.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Here is a video with some of the highlights from our maiden flight:

[video=youtube_share;WGH5k69Jje8]http://youtu.be/WGH5k69Jje8[/video]

gyro

GSN Contributor
It was a lot of fun to fly. Definitely likes the energy maneuvers; pop tops, tumbles, and spins were great. Without the wing fences/side force generators, there is a little wing rock when really slow. Really enjoyed how precise it was in the big sky aerobatics, and how fast she was moving on a DLE 30 with a low pitch 19-3DA prop... Can't wait to try a 19x8 :)

-G

gyro

GSN Contributor
Got her back and all fixed up!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382535172.900099.jpg

Can't even tell the gear was ripped out unless you look super close, and then all you see is the covering patch. Many thanks to my good friend Humberto!

SnowDog

wow - I saw it right after the crash...I know what it looked like! Give my sincerest compliments to Humberto as well! It looks great!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Yep, he did a great job! Hope to get her flying this weekend to finish our review!