• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Balsa USA Camel F1

Tseres

150cc
thepamster said
Snoopy is the good guy but was shot down by the Red Baron. I didn't want him shot down but was unable to help from my comfie chair.
Gona have to rewrite history. I don't like that outcome.
icon_smile.gif

BalsaDust

smith-miniplane1.jpg

I didnt
smith-miniplane2.jpg

fs-61.jpg

I didnt order anything but I'm going to be buying this Old Smith Miniplane kit on sunday and possibly this NIB OS FS-61 four stroke to power it.

thepamster

70cc twin V2
I was suprised by the kits they still have over there that I saw while buying some wood.
I bought some spar material for my Stearman. Great prices.

BalsaDust

Super08 said

Just to make sure you are aware that kit is still sold by Sig and is on sale from Sig for $128.

Thanks had just seen that a little bit ago. I'm going to make some changes to it to make it lighter and thinking that FS-61 might be a bit heavy for it and I might try to go with the Surpass48 that was there as well when I was looking. Not sure how much I will end up paying for the kit but it wont be anywhere near that price. My only concern is the plans looked to be in kinda rough shape and they where folded in the box instead of rolled up so I may have to order a new set of plans. First I will try to carefully unfold them and take them to get copies made.

Tseres

150cc
cbarnes0061 said
Super08 said

Just to make sure you are aware that kit is still sold by Sig and is on sale from Sig for $128.

Thanks had just seen that a little bit ago. I'm going to make some changes to it to make it lighter and thinking that FS-61 might be a bit heavy for it and I might try to go with the Surpass48 that was there as well when I was looking. Not sure how much I will end up paying for the kit but it wont be anywhere near that price. My only concern is the plans looked to be in kinda rough shape and they where folded in the box instead of rolled up so I may have to order a new set of plans. First I will try to carefully unfold them and take them to get copies made.
Good luck with that. I can't offer any advice cause I never had one. Let us know how you make out with it.

Tseres

150cc
I made all kinds of excuses for not working in the yard today.
icon_smile.gif
My friend Dave delivered some sand. Now I ran out of excuses. It was just enough time to finish gluing the rest of the cap and the leading edge on. There was a lot of sanding that needed to be done before you could glue the cap strips on the end ribs. It's don now and ready for finish sanding. there are 4 more filler pieces to glue in on the wing tips and all the gluing will be done on the top wing. Got the hinge slots cut. now I can store the wing all together till I need it a couple of months from now.
DSC_0065-1.JPG

DSC_0066.JPG

DSC_0067.JPG

DSC_0068.JPG

DSC_0069.JPG