• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Balsa USA Camel F1

thepamster

70cc twin V2
95 cents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF. Lol.
Thanks Mike. I will add those to my next Tower order.
Hobby Town........Dammitt. Its not my normal hobby shop as they don't stock much for RC, airplanes. Mike's Hobby Shop closed recently here in Dallas and is suppose to reopen next year. They are still looking for a new location.

Tseres

150cc
I'm going to start today with a tip on Tools.

I found that I like the rolls of sticky back sand paper that you would use on your sanding blocks. I use 2 different roughness. 80grit and 180grit. I have several sizes of paper tube sanding blocks for sanding the inside of radii or circles. The hole size will be 0.440. That is real close to 7/16 of an inch. I pre drilled a 7/16 hole in the cap rib. Then I had to open up a hole in the ribs provided in the kit. After gluing on the cap rib I cut the hole in the inner rib with an Exacto blade and finished sanding it to match the original predrilled holes with the sanding tool that I made out of a drill bit. Worked out great.

DSC_0067.JPG DSC_0068.JPG DSC_0069.JPG

Last edited:

Tseres

150cc
I'm going to finish as much of the outer part of the wing as I can before un pinning it. I put on the cap strips where ever I could. I'll unpin it tomorrow and sand the bottom.

DSC_0070.JPGDSC_0071.JPGDSC_0072.JPGDSC_0073.JPGDSC_0074.JPGDSC_0075.JPGDSC_0076.JPGDSC_0077.JPG

thepamster

70cc twin V2
Nice build tips Tom. Sticky backed sandpaper? What will they think of next? Lol.
I usually wrap sandpaper around a "fat" exacto handle. Boy am I old school.

Tseres

150cc
I finished up what I could. Mounted the hard points, the cap strips and hinged the aileron. Then put it up on the shelf.DSC_0078.JPGDSC_0079.JPGDSC_0080.JPG