• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Balsa USA Camel F1

Tseres

150cc
I found these picture on line. Seems to give a lot of detail.

B_B6299CU.jpg
B_B6299.jpg

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Lol. I know.

Tom do you use those little tiny CA glue extender tip applicaters that attach to CA bottles for thin CA? If so, is there a way to keep them from getting clogged? If not where is a cheap source for those?
I got some from Hobby Town and they were $3.50 for six which seems a little steep.
I use the capillary tube extenders and here's what works for me. First off, I tape a length of small solder to the bottle and make a tiny loop in the end that I stick the end of the extender thru. That way I can control where the darned thing goes.
CA bottle.jpg
After each use, I'll gently tap the bottom of the bottle down against the bench and flick the tube with my finger a couple of times. This will drive wet CA back into the bottle. Lastly - with the tube sticking straight up, gently squeeze some air out of the bottle....AIR ONLY, no CA. That clears the tube so it doesn't get plugged up.

I'll usually just set it aside after that. I've come back weeks later and it the tube still clear and ready to use. There is very little exposure to air thru those capillary tubes. Every now and then I may have to slice off the tip to get it to flow again, but they last quite awhile doing this.

Last edited:

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
You're welcome!

Tom....That's a nice paint job to replicate on your bird. In my opinion it's hard to make a WWI plane too dirty/weathered/worn. Oil streaks with the slipstream in flight and with gravity when on the ground.....ya know ya gotta DO IT!!!!!

Tseres

150cc
You're welcome!

Tom....That's a nice paint job to replicate on your bird. In my opinion it's hard to make a WWI plane too dirty/weathered/worn. Oil streaks with the slipstream in flight and with gravity when on the ground.....ya know ya gotta DO IT!!!!!

Your right. I need to learn how to do weathering. I will make an attempt...

I shouldn't have said that cause now I can't back out.:frown_gif: