• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Bud Nosen 1/4 Scale Cub?

BalsaDust

That looks like a great way to cut tri-stock!! I do need a new bandsaw. Mine gave up the ghost many years ago, when I was building foam core stuff. I've been wanting to get a larger one for a while now.
Thanks, I always liked it. With the sale of our house I sold my bandsaw as all I had was a really cheap delta one that had 3 wheels on it. PITA to get it to track straight and couldn't tension it hard enough to cut harder wood. Balsa and and 1/8 ply where about it and if I was cutting say a piece of 1/4 balsa with a more dense grain the blade would start tracking with the grain and ruin everything. I would like to get a nice 14" floor standing bandsaw that I can do some resawing with in the wood shop side of things.

Thanks, I always liked it. With the sale of our house I sold my bandsaw as all I had was a really cheap delta one that had 3 wheels on it. PITA to get it to track straight and couldn't tension it hard enough to cut harder wood. Balsa and and 1/8 ply where about it and if I was cutting say a piece of 1/4 balsa with a more dense grain the blade would start tracking with the grain and ruin everything. I would like to get a nice 14" floor standing bandsaw that I can do some resawing with in the wood shop side of things.

Yep,
I'd like to get a good 14" floor model, but they are a bit pricy!! Maybe a Jet or Grizzly??

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Yep,
I'd like to get a good 14" floor model, but they are a bit pricy!! Maybe a Jet or Grizzly??

I found a 14" Jet bandsaw a few years ago on Craigslist. Riser block, locking floor cart, extra blades and several other extras. Now I need a competent metal bandsaw. Currently using a Dewalt portable bandsaw.

1646434255682553051686.jpg

Those can get on the large side of tools. The tables take up a lot of room. I would need to build a shop 🤔. Wonder how I could spin that for the wife!!