• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Bud Nosen 1/4 Scale Cub?

Got a delivery today. I ordered a hardware pack for the X Cub 60 for some of it's contents.

Attachments

• IMG_4676.JPG
    IMG_4676.JPG
    431.1 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_4694.JPG
    IMG_4694.JPG
    546.7 KB · Views: 117
These are the parts I plan on pilfering. The main reason I picked it up was for the wing strut components. But I will also use the tail brace wire kit and probably the pull-pull system it included. I could not find any 6mm blind nuts, so I just picked up some 6mm nuts and I'll counter sink them in a block of wood, then glue it in place. I had a set of strut mounts from a crashed Decathalon that worked out for the Cub. The strut pins in the hanger 9 hardware package will work out for the strut mounts as well.

Attachments

• IMG_4697.JPG
    IMG_4697.JPG
    599.2 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_4700.JPG
    IMG_4700.JPG
    437.3 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_4699.JPG
    IMG_4699.JPG
    445.8 KB · Views: 106
That’s the rudder light and servo exit fairing’s for the wings that come with the hardware kit! I think the rudder light will be too big for me to use though.

Need some help guys. I'm trying to find a 4-40 pushrod in the 40" range for the elevator. Can't find anything on line. Do any of you know where I might find such a thing?? Spring steel would work as well. .094, 3/32".

TonyHallo

150cc
I would not use a 4-40 rod for the elevator linkage without having it inside a semi-close fitting tube. With that said I built a 30CC size Staggerwing ARF that came with 4-40 rods with tubes installed in the fuselage, came out tail heavy so I replaced the steel tube and tube with these carbon fiber rod kits. I used these again on a Bryon Glasair or the elevator, they work well.