• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Bud Nosen 1/4 Scale Cub?

Was a little reluctant to just glue the forward support to the top of F5, so I made a resess in the side sheeting to accept the support. It should give me a good solid windsheild support now, as well as help support the wing tube area. I'll do the same on the other side.

I also need some advise. While setting the rear formers in place, I heard a crack. The mid stringer cracked just infront of F8. How would you guys fix this. I went ahead and cut the other side, so it cracked too. I didn't want a bow on one side and the other side to be flat. So both sides are flat now. I thought about an 1/8" carbon rod inlay, or cover over the top with 1/32 ply maybe. What is the best way to make it solid again?? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4336 (2).jpg
    IMG_4336 (2).jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_4338 (2).jpg
    IMG_4338 (2).jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_4340 (2).jpg
    IMG_4340 (2).jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 145

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
I cannot see the vertical member very well or the back side. But I'd razor saw the vertical member from the cracked joint and add a strip of ply/or G10 that's approx 1/2" long in between the vertical member and the stringer. Then add a "T" or "X" patch on the back side (inside) in similar fashion.

Thanks guys! So If I'm thinking right, I take out the verticle 1/4 x 1/4, then add some ply along the bottom of the cracked stringer, then add a new verticle with gussets?? Thanks agian.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks guys! So If I'm thinking right, I take out the vertical 1/4 x 1/4, then add some ply along the bottom of the cracked stringer, then add a new vertical with gussets?? Thanks again.
That's what I would do - but lots of ways to do have the same basic result.