• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Dalton 300 ml build thread.

Mikeq

150cc
Cam....that Dalton is coming together beautifully inside and out.... definitely fits my definition of professionally done. You may never do another ARF after this plane...LOL Have you thought about doing a Carden?

Cam....that Dalton is coming together beautifully inside and out.... definitely fits my definition of professionally done. You may never do another ARF after this plane...LOL Have you thought about doing a Carden?

Hello Mike!! thank you.
Never have considered a Carden. I have a Dalton Yak i will build next, after i finish the P51. Once i am done building the Yak and the P51, the next would be a JTEC Radiowave kit. But that will be years from now. The Carden will be something i do once i am real good. Right now, i would say, i am just marginal at building.

Mikeq

150cc
Don't sell yourself short Cam...I think you got a good handle on what it takes to get the job done right. We often learn from our mistakes but you haven't made very many, that I can see, which tells me you've done your research. The plane is gonna look awesome!

Last edited:
wings are covered. still need to do the ailerons...
IMG_6950.JPG
IMG_6951.JPG

i have hit a snag!! been trying to fix this for past 3 days. i am having some serious issues with the clear coat. when i applied it 1st time, using the HVLP gun, i developed these "solvent pops". Arghhh, what a mess. i then had to sand it down all the way, then i tried brushing the clear coat on, again, better, but still not where i want it. so today, i took it to an automobile painter, and he wants 300 dollars to spray on the clear coat!! Seems to me to be way too much money!! anyone know what i can do?
IMG_6928.JPG

well, i just finished the last coat of clear, and i realized what i had done wrong. the 1st 4 attempts, i had put too much reducer with the clear coat mix. Now i know, with clear, it is much less reducer (thinner ) required, compared to the colored paints or primer.
IMG_6967.JPG
IMG_6968.JPG