• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Dalton 300 ml build thread.

Mikeq

150cc
Being nervous is very understandable considering the time and effort not to mention the expense getting that Dalton ready to fly. I know I'm always nervous when I put a new plane up for the first time. I'm sure that Dalton will live up to their reputation and your nervousness will be short-lived. Looking forward to seeing the video.

thank you Mike for your words of encouragement.
I appreciate you.

SO far this morning:
1. I redid the pickup sensors leads, now they are running separately, all the way to the CDI. they cross only once. But now, each one is covered in its own snakeskin.
2. installed the RPM sensor.
3. sealed the hinge gap.
4. centered the aileron servo and connected the linkage for the left and right root servo. I ran out of the 6-32 Dubro monster ball links, and i ordered them from tower hobbies. Should get here next week. All i need is 4 more.

I will go back to the shop soon and install the battery trays and the receiver antennas, and that will be it!!

everything is done.
with the DELRO PROP, i am getting 6200 rpm on the ground. this is a 3 blade prop. I believe this is a good load on the motor.
IMG_6999.JPG
IMG_7001.JPG
IMG_7002.JPG

Here is some interesting telemetry data i obtained from my DA 150L.
This test was done on the ground.

the purpose of me posting this is to illustrate what an additional 50 cc 's will do:
THESE ARE ALL DA 150L data:

TBM wood prop 32 x 10, max RPM was 4600

Falcon CF 30 x 13 W, top RPM was 5600.

Mejzlik 3 blade 29 x 12 N == 6000 rpm, very quick spool up

Delro 3 blade 28 x 12.5 == 5500 rpm

Mejzlik 30 x 12 LF = 5990 rpm

on my DA 200, the same Delro prop will turn at 6200 rpm, that is an additional 700 rpm!!!
and, with the 150 and this prop, the spool up was so sloooooowwwww. But with the 200, it is electric!!

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
Here is some interesting telemetry data i obtained from my DA 150L.
This test was done on the ground.

the purpose of me posting this is to illustrate what an additional 50 cc 's will do:
THESE ARE ALL DA 150L data:

TBM wood prop 32 x 10, max RPM was 4600

Falcon CF 30 x 13 W, top RPM was 5600.

Mejzlik 3 blade 29 x 12 N == 6000 rpm, very quick spool up

Delro 3 blade 28 x 12.5 == 5500 rpm

Mejzlik 30 x 12 LF = 5990 rpm

on my DA 200, the same Delro prop will turn at 6200 rpm, that is an additional 700 rpm!!!
and, with the 150 and this prop, the spool up was so sloooooowwwww. But with the 200, it is electric!!
No replacement for displacement. Well except with turbos and superchargers but those aren't really relevant here. I can't wait to see your maiden video!

Mikeq

150cc
Cam you are running two Tech-Aeros ? I'm not use to dealing with two ignitions on the same plane but I was wondering if it were possible to use one? Maybe "Y" the load side of one or is that too much possibly too risky?

Cam you are running two Tech-Aeros ? I'm not use to dealing with two ignitions on the same plane but I was wondering if it were possible to use one? Maybe "Y" the load side of one or is that too much possibly too risky?

yes, you are correct, you can use only one IBEC and then split with a Y. the instructions from the DA 200 said that the Y is the simplest way. they go on to say, if you want more redundancy, you can use two ignition batteries. But i am going with 2 IBEC. So far, it has worked!!!