• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Dalton 300 ml build thread.

i wish, took 4 attempts. but i finally figured out what i was doing wrong with my clear mix. I am so relieved it is finally over. I have to say, the hardest part of building this airplane is painting it, and 2nd difficult is covering it, and 3rd was installing the comfort mounts for the KS cans.

all i have to do now is install the antennas, the RPM sensor, and the battery tray. I have the CG pretty good after i moved the batteries aft. i still have to check the lateral balance, i will need an assistant for that. The motor has been runned, and it was purring. based on the telemetry, seems like the rear cylinders are slightly cooler than the front cylinders, this confirms the information from Henry Piorun and from the Trumpetman. I have a video of the engine running. the 1st video is the engine running with higher , 1st start idle speed, which was slightly high. then the 2nd video shows how low this monster can idle, with minimal vibrations. Very very smooth.
IMG_6992.JPG
IMG_6993.JPG
IMG_6994.JPG
IMG_6995.JPG

Mikeq

150cc
Looks fantastic and sounds like you're almost ready to maiden it. Cam are you going to be able to video it's first flight?

Thank you Mike, my wife has volunteered to film the maiden. I am considering putting the go pro on board as well. Man, i am so nervous about the maiden. I just pray and hope there is not a problem. I am thinking the flight will be like 5 minutes long, then bring her down and check to make sure nothing has worked loose.