• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Fibertech Hyperlite Slick 540 Build Thread

Spats

100cc
Forgot to mention, I used Loktite Hysol to glue the canopy. It's slow drying but very strong and binds well with plastic to wood.

Bipenut

70cc twin V2
Looks great @Spats, you will probably have yours done before me. I'm still up in the air about an engine. I have been thinking about either buying a new DA100L or a DA120. I have heard that the DLE120 runs smoother than the Da120, just not sure which direction to go.

Spats

100cc
So much flying time it cuts into my building time:fist_pump:

But last night I finished the wings and cut out the ailerons. Of course I'll be flying all weekend so on Monday I will hinge the ailerons, put the plane together and look everything over. Do some final sanding and filling some small scratches and dents in a couple places in the balsa. By Wednesday it should be ready to cover. I need to mount the engine one more time and decide if I am going with Cans or pipes on the GP 123. I will be using my standard colors, Apple Green, Black and White.

20150312_155718.jpg
20150312_160610.jpg