• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Fibertech Hyperlite Slick 540 Build Thread

Bipenut

70cc twin V2
So much flying time it cuts into my building time:fist_pump:

But last night I finished the wings and cut out the ailerons. Of course I'll be flying all weekend so on Monday I will hinge the ailerons, put the plane together and look everything over. Do some final sanding and filling some small scratches and dents in a couple places in the balsa. By Wednesday it should be ready to cover. I need to mount the engine one more time and decide if I am going with Cans or pipes on the GP 123. I will be using my standard colors, Apple Green, Black and White.

View attachment 14584 View attachment 14585

Looks great @Spats, I figured you would be done before me. I will show my progress this weekend, I'm still waiting on some things to come in.

Bipenut

70cc twin V2
Got a lot done this weekend , the belly pan and turtle deck have been fitted to the fuselage and are ready to be glued on. All the leading and trailing edges are sanded complete on the fin/rudder and stab/elevators. I was going to set the incidence on the stab but I can't find one of my adapters for my incidence meter, I needed a longer bar too so I'm going to get that on order tomorrow. I will get the incidence set later this week when they come in. I started prepping the wings today and I hope to have them in the vacuum bag by the end of the week.

I should have my J&J tail wheel this week and then I can get the belly pan glued on. Still a
Lot of work to do but I'm making progress.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 278
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 238
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 254
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:

Spats

100cc
Looking very nice and yes, sure sounds like you got a lot done! Are you going to do counter balance's on the stabs and wings? I have done them on both and the wings were a little more difficult. Not sure I would do them again on the wings.

After all the sanding I think I am going to build a sanding table. I forgot how dusty it can be.

Bipenut

70cc twin V2
Looking very nice and yes, sure sounds like you got a lot done! Are you going to do counter balance's on the stabs and wings? I have done them on both and the wings were a little more difficult. Not sure I would do them again on the wings.

After all the sanding I think I am going to build a sanding table. I forgot how dusty it can be.

I'm going to do the counter balance on the elevators, how big do you make yours? Post some pictures of you wings so I can see them. You're right about the sanding, I was going to build a sanding table but have put it off for a while, there is a very good build thread on this forum that a couple of guys did on one.

Spats

100cc
20150315_205400.jpg
I'm going to do the counter balance on the elevators, how big do you make yours? Post some pictures of you wings so I can see them. You're right about the sanding, I was going to build a sanding table but have put it off for a while, there is a very good build thread on this forum that a couple of guys did on one.

I did it 4.5 inches wide.

Ya, I am looking into the sanding table thread and searching other web info. Definitely before the next one.